Name - Veronica Rossi
Debut - Under the Never Sky
Genre - Dystopian
Website - HERE
Blog - HERE
Twitter - HERE
Veronica Rossi lives in northern California with her husband and two sons. Her debut novel, UNDER THE NEVER SKY has sold in more than twenty countries worldwide and been optioned by Warner Bros. She writes fiction for young adults and adults who know that being young is possible at any age.And, no, none of the above seems any more real today than a year ago, when it all started happening.
Dream Debutante Dress - If I have to get out of my sweatpants and UGG boots, might as well go for it.
Notes from a YA Debutante
Thanks for including me in this great event, Lisa! It’s an honor to be part of such a talented group of writers and the trip to Australia you threw in the mix was just so generous! ( Note: I could only pay for three tickets so Veronica is travelling in Brodi's suticase..shhhh! :P)
Here are ten random facts about me, in random order of course:
1. I love numbered lists.
2. I started writing seriously eight years ago. UNDER THE NEVER SKY is my third manuscript.
3. I read roughly ten books at a time. They are everywhere in my house.
4. I’ve seen Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark more than twenty times.
5. Whenever I can, I compare things to art or paintings, which usually makes no sense to anyone other than me. For example, “He’s got this skinny, Egon Schiele look to him,” or, “She has a Boticelli face.”
6. I have always named my computers/laptops. My current MacBook Air is named Romeo. The last was named Leo. I don’t know why they all end in “eo.” Maybe the next one will be Galileo? Or Neo? Or Theo?
7. I love rainy days, but not Mondays. I’m not a fan of Mondays at all, and I would like to propose that the entire month of February be done away with. We could move Valentine’s day to March, and no one would miss it. Are you with me?
8. I love being by the ocean but not “in” the ocean. I blame my parents for letting me watch JAWS at an impressionable age.
9. I took archery lessons as part of my research for UTNS. Loved it big time.
10. Regarding my debutante dress, I’m a little iffy about it. I think it’s gorgeous but it doesn’t look as comfortable as my sweat pants. Can I be a debutante in my beat-up UCLA sweat pants?
Bookie's Note - Hi everyone! *waves frantically* Our first debutante Veronica Rossi ( Under the Never Sky) has made herself known to the world! What a beautiful dress, very classy but yes, doesn't look very comfortable :/ Please make her feel welcome by leaving comments and giving shout-outs about her debut! Also, come make tomorrow for a giveaway you don't want to miss and an insider's scoop :P
Badass Bookie xx