Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day Eighteen - All About Megan Bostic ( Never Eighteen)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Debutante Profile

Name - Megan Bostic
Debut - Never Eighteen
Genre - Contemporary
Website - HERE
Youtube Channel - HERE
Facebook - HERE
Twitter - HERE

Megan (that’s with a long “e”) Bostic is just trying to find her place in the universe.  Despite the rain and gray making her extremely angsty (she’s truly solar powered), she’s lived in the Pacific Northwest her whole life, and still does, with her two crazy beautiful girls.

When not writing, Megan can be found in her car (chauffeuring, waiting, cussing), at her girls soccer games (in the sun, the rain, the snow, she carries the title Ultimate Soccer Mom), in her rec room watching Netflix (this is for the collapsing portion of the day), at the ocean (where I hide from the world, used only as needed), or on the Narrows Bridge (to walk, not to jump)

Megan loves the color black, monkeys, is an avid vlogger and blogger, an all-around great girl, and a notorious Facebook addict. She’s a proud member of The Class of 2K12 and the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators. You can also find her on Twitter, Goodreads, and anywhere else cool authors hang out.



She Travelled to the Ball in Style -  Hotness Overload!


Dream Debutante Dress - Look who Megan bought as a date!?! 


Notes from a YA Debutante

Fun and interesting facts about author, Megan Bostic! (why are you laughing?)

In no apparent order.

11. (because I go up to 11). I remember the first poem I ever wrote.  I believe I was four.
                  Let’s go play on a sunny day
                  The sun is blazing hot
                  Let’s go play on a snowy day
                  The sun was just forgot
I said I was four!

10. In first grade I one the blue ribbon (that’s first prize) in the swing pumping contest.  I’m still a good swinger. What?

9. I was a Blue Bird in school, yet sadly never made it to Girl Scout status.

8. I can play piano, guitar, and drums, none of them very well. (but I can sing)

7. My first “real” boyfriend’s name was Brody (totally going to use that in a book).  I was in fifth grade and was so scared that I never talked to him, touched him, or looked at him during our entire relationship.  He broke up with me.  I have no idea why.

6. The first boy I kissed was named John.  I was 15.  John is also my dad and brothers name.  I did not realize that coincidence until this very second and now am kind of creeped out.

5. When I was a senior in high school I was in our school’s musical production of Lil’ Abner.  I played wife #1 and killed it!

4. Jobs I’ve held: bag girl at a grocery store (before plastic), pizza maker in a grocery store deli, jewelry store clerk, record/video store clerk, seller of vehicle license tabs, photo retoucher, data entry for the county clerk, shoe sales (worst job ever), file clerk, toy sales, body product sales, candle maker, day care provider, wine maker/cashier (I was also manager of the wine shop for about two seconds), video book trailer creator (still do this if anyone needs a trailer, wink wink). *takes deep breath*  Aside from adding writer to the list, I also work as the marketing coordinator in a law firm (okay, my dad’s law firm, so what?).

3. I graced the cover of the Tacoma New Tribune’s entertainment section in my early twenties, and no, it’s not because I am a great entertainer.  It was because I sold tickets for people to go see great entertainers.

2. I have seen three dead seals in my lifetime.

1. From conception to sale, Never Eighteen took one year and four months.  When the book comes out, the publication process itself will have taken longer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bookie's Note: AND that is Megan Bostic! She's a special case as you can see she somehow convinced Eminem to be her date for the event and not JUST that make she travelled in style. Did you see who was carrying her Palaquin? It was hotness overload! Megan, I don't think I knew what a poem was when I was four! Anyhow, come back tomorrow for a fantastic character profile ;) 

Badass Bookie xx

32 comments:

  1. aw, love this.

    You are ridiculous, Megan. Can you loan me one of those guys?

    ReplyDelete
  2. High-heeled boots: for kicking *** and taking names. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That poem is great :) And at age 4 :) Nice :) Yeah for another author to (stalk)look for and read constantly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG best pictures yet! Seriously...awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm loving the choice of bodyguards/carriers.. ahahaha :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is hilariously awesome! Eminem as a date? You win, Megan! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the good step u have taken. Thanks for writing this, it’s clear that you have spent a good amount of time on your sites development

    for about us: Contemporary fashion australian online shopping

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that I've gotten to know Megan a bit better, I want to read, Never Eighteen, even more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! What and entry! Can't wait for Never Eighteen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha, i LOVED the 11 things, especially the "i don't know why he broke up with me" LOL. Great sense of humor :D

    - juhina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds very familiar, only I spend my days on the baseball diamond with my 2 lil girls watching their big brother play :) It's good to know a busy mom can still manage to be a successful author since that is my goal as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great interview. Thanks! Can't wait to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are hilarious Megan! I love that you brought Eminem with you haha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm loving the knee socks and sneaker heels with the prom dress!! Now that's a cool look!!

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the dress, not the shoes :/ How sad for the seals :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I don't think anyone can top having Eminem as a date! Nice one! This was hilarious, thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lol, the interview is hilarious! Megan has such great sense of humor :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great interview! HAHAHA rockin' dress and date :P and entrance as well :) and wow...that's a LOT of jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, how did you manage to snag Eminem as your date? lol Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Book sounds amazing! Great interview (Pao Mtz Parente)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the sharing. I can play piano, guitar, and none of them very well as well. Haha...

    ReplyDelete
  22. She really is a solar person!! :)
    The choice of that dress really makes us understand more about her personality and stile, even if I would not wear it.
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lol, totally loving your ride to the ball!! I would also love to go with Eminem to the ball, my life dream..lol:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love authors that have many other talents! Megan is one step above me - I can't play any instruments let alone sing :)

    I too was involved in Girl Scouts - I made it to a Cadet but once I hit highschool it wasn't 'cool' anymore so I quite... now I wish I hadn't

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, those are to many jobs, but it's true about the shoe sales, they can be the worse, I hate when people aka my mom and friends go to a shoe store just to try shoes and sometimes they don't even buy them, they make the sales lady work much!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Haha. Megan is just HILARIOUS! Love her fun facts on No. 6 and & 7 ;)

    Fara @ Tumbling In Books

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cannot wait to read this book!! Love the fact about the blue ribbon for the swing pumping contest!

    Sara @ upon a love story

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh bad photoshop but nice ideas XD

    ReplyDelete