Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day Eight - All About Kristen Simmons ( Article 5)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Debutante Profile

Name - Kristen Simmons
Debut - Article 5
Genre - Dystopian
Website - HERE
Facebook - HERE

Kristen was raised in Sparks, Nevada, just below Lake Tahoe in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. In high school she was a triple threat of awesomeness: Girl Scouts, Jazz Choir, and marching band. She attended several colleges in several states before finally receiving a BA in psychology and a master’s in social work. After working everywhere from a domestic violence shelter to a group home for at-risk teens, she became a mental health therapist. After surrendering to the addiction of all things chocolate, she became a Jazzercise instructor. Kristen is married, and has a rescued greyhound named Rudy.

Dream Debutante Dress - Mmmmm NICE choice! Titanic FTW!


Notes from a YA Debutante

I’m so thrilled to be part of Badass Bookie’s Debutant Ball this year! What a huge honor to be placed amongst these AMAZING authors! Plus, I get to wear my dream dress, which I’ve wanted to wear ever since my husband took me to see Titanic on our first date.


And speaking of totally awesome movies, and because 5 is my favorite number (HIGH-FIVE FOR A5!), here are 5 fabulous movie roles I would have been cast in had I any acting ability whatsoever (and wasn’t deathly afraid of public speaking

1. Princess Leia from Star Wars (IV, V, VI). Because she is the most kickass princess ever. And because I would have gotten to kiss Han Solo who was my first ever crush. And because I think I’d look pretty cool with the cinnamon bun hairdo (I was thinking of sporting it with my debutant dress in fact).


 2. Trinity from the Matrix. Because she can kick people by swinging her leg backwards over her head and let’s be honest, not many people can do that in leather pants. Also because she’s this great combination of tough and smart and vulnerable, and because her monotone voice hypnotizes me into believing anything she says.


3. Captain Jack Sparrow from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. First because he gets out of whatever trouble he gets into with relatively limited consequences, second because he doesn’t have to wash his hair or his clothes and no one really seems to detect any kind of odor, and third because he’s a pirate. A pirate.



4. Batman. Because he has more gadgets than James Bond AND everyone takes him seriously even though he wears a costume that has pointy ears.


 5. And finally, Ren McCormack from Footloose, because 1. Let’s hear it for the boy, 2. I need a hero, and 3. You gotta cut loose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bookie's Note - And that's a wrap! A round of applause for our fourth debutante - Kristen Simmons! Not only is she the author of the eagerly anticipated Article 5, she's also got great taste in movies! Remember to leave a comment sharing your thoughts and come back tomorrow for the second part of Kristen feature + giveaway!

Badass Bookie xx

40 comments:

  1. Kristen, I applaud your taste in movies!! Eeeekk JACK SPARROW <333 He's got to be one of my favourite movie characters EVER! & ROSE! TITANIC!!*sigh* brings back great memories <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your choice of Princess Leia. So excited for your debut Kristen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, plus, she picked the most genius debutante dress ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always interesting to read some details about new authors.

    Don't quite know what to make of the fact that she wishes she was a man ?

    Carol T

    buddytho {at} gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes i would pick batman just coz of the gadgets too.. okay maybe batwoman? but whatevs, hi-tech gadgets ftw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is gorgeous!
    I'd love to try the cinnamon bun hairdo too :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Footloose baby! I like the original version :) Great interview.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Batman > all. lol And of course, who wouldn't want to be *Captain* Jack Sparrow. It's like the role of my life. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Batman is my favorite superhero, love that he is a normal human and still a superhero! OMG I loved Footloose, Jack and Triniti :P We have quite the same taste.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Batman, Princess Leah and Jack. I would pick Batman just because I ♥ him. The fact that he is just a regular *rich* human, with no super power, who uses his brains and resources is quite amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! Ive seen and loved all those movies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your post!!! Han Solo was my first crush, too ;) I love these characters, so thanks for the fun post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great choices, those are some of my favourite movies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post. I loved all those movies :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are some really great movies! :) Yeah for another author to obsess over!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Moreover, Captain Jack Sparrow walk funny. He make me laughed just by looking the way he walks. lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post. I loved all those movies

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the debutante dress! And the movie ... and Kate Winslet! You've now made me want to watch Titanic instead of keep reading for my readathon! LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great taste in movies:)A dystopian writer, absolutely amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the movie roles, especially Jack Sparrow. I've always liked Johnny Depp's acting in that movie! And the dress is nice! I can't say it's dazzling and drop dead gorgeous, but if it's important and memorable for you, then enough said!

    ReplyDelete
  21. love love love the dress. That has always been one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is the most gorgeous dress out there....how I wish I could have it!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. awww that dress is amazing!! I'd do anything to have it xD

    ReplyDelete
  24. I definitely love that dress! been a fan of titanic and rose owned that dress, wonder what will kristen looks like when she wears it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I ADORE the Titanic dress! How gorgeous is it?! I think Target needs to come out with a cheaper version so we all can wear it and be a debutante!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Haha I love Batman, and the dress(swoon!)! Awesome interview! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ren McCormick, that's awesome haha! Kevin Bacon never looked so cool.
    Such a great post, love the top 5!

    ReplyDelete
  28. haha such an entertaining interview! though I'm not a huge fan of the kate winslet dress, i did bawl my eyes out during titanic! I can't wait for article 5!!! :D

    - juhina

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, imagine wearing preincess leia's dress to a debutante! that's a cool idea!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hahaha I like the Matrix action. Great pictures to go along with a very entertaining interview!:)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great choices! Star Wars is the best! Your book is the one I'm most excited for :) Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Haha, awesome choices! Yes to every single one of them - nice Footloose references, seriously! Also love the dress - so pretty. I'm really going to have to compare every choice and pick my favourite I think...if I can!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Amazing taste in a dress and movies. Very eclectic in the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great 5 choices! Love the dress– Titanic TOTALLY FTW!!! and Jack Sparroowwww... who wouldn't wanna be a pirate? ;D

    ReplyDelete
  35. You seem funny person.. I like that :))) Can't wait to read your book!!!!!!!!!!! Lots of good imagination for your further writing :))

    ReplyDelete
  36. thank you for putting the entire Footloose soundtrack in my mind. What a fun group of character to play.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Funny. And great five choice. I liked seeing in the choices: captain Jack Sparrow (I agree with the Kristen's opinion) and Ren McCormack from Footloose because I felt in love with this movies when I saw for the first time in the cinema.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I have only watched Batman among those five movies. I would probably check them out. And I love batman! I would like to cast in as well. And there's the Dark Knight Rises! Can't wait to watch it!

    ReplyDelete