Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 Debut Author Challenge Sign- Up Post

I want to take this weekend to sign up to all my 2012 Challenges! I signed up for the 2012 Debut Author Challenge hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren ages ago but I never got to write my sign up post! Below I have included information about the challenge as well as a list of books I hope to read ;)



CHALLENGE OBJECTIVE:
  • To read and review a minimum of twelve young adult or middle grade debut novels between the dates of January 1, 2012 – January 31, 2013.*
*The 2013 extension is so that December Debuts can be read and count toward the challenge.
  • Any advance reader copies you read from 2012 BEFORE the January 1st start date DO NOT count toward the challenge! 
  • You can read twelve books in one month, or one book a month. It doesn’t matter as long as you have 12 read by the end of the year! 
RULES and GUIDELINES:
  • You must have a Blog to post your reviews or be a member of Goodreads. Youtube Book Reviewers count too!
  • Your blog/video must be written in English.
  • Deadline to join is May 31, 2012.
BOOK GUIDELINES:
  • Must be a young adult or middle grade title.
  • Must be the author’s YA or MG debut, released in 2012.
  • If an author has a previous novel published for adults or children, they can still qualify for the challenge.
  • If an author has a previous YA or MG title, they do not qualify for the challenge.
You Can Sign Up for the Challenge - HERE

For this challenge I'm going to challenge myself to read 20 Debuts! I'm a huge supporter for Debut Authors and I like to show my support in anyway possible including the 2012 Debutante Event as well as Debut of the Month which starts next month! 

My List of Books to Read - Please note that I'm not necessarily going to be reading all these books, my list can change without notice, these are just a few that I have taken interest in!

Bold = Owned Crossed = Read

- Cinder by Marissa Meyer 
- Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
- Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
- The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges
- Everneath by Brodi Ashton
- Pretty Crooked by Eliza Ludwig
- Ditched: A Love Story by Robin Mellom
- Above by Leah Bobet
- Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff
- Cold Fury by T. M. Goeglein
- Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
- Slide by Jill Hathaway
- Born Wicked by Jessica Spotwood
- The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jessica Rothenburg
- Struck by Jennifer Bosworth
- My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
- Deadly Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock
- Fracture by Megan Miranda
- A Witch in Winter by Ruth Warburton
- Freshmen Year and Other Unnatural Disasters by Meredith Zeitlin
- Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
- The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda 
- Storm by Brigid Kemmerer 
- Insignia by S.J. Kincaid
- Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
- Unravelling by Elizabeth Norris

Bring on 2012 ;)

Badass Bookie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment