Sunday, July 11, 2010

Read-a-Like List (Faeries)

Activity #7 of the Summer break Reading Challenge is to create a read-a-like list of your choice of theme/topic. I have this obession with books that have anything to do with angels and faeries so I had to do the list on one of those. I chose faeries because it was the easier of the two. So here is my list-

1) Wicked Lovely, Ink Exchange, Fragile Enternity, Radiant Shadows by Melissa Marr -
A great series of books about faeries& love & hot guys. Defintely one of the first ones thaI think of when I think Faeries. I think it's quite original and just a great series to lose yourself in.


2) Wings & Spells by Aprilynne Pike -
One of my favourite series all-time (thanks to Tamani who is the smexiest faerie out there). This series is absolutely adorable. Really cute read, with love and everything. It's not as I guess as hard-core as Wicked Lovely. So if you're into the softer 'stuff' this one is for you.


3) Tithe, Valiant, Ironside by Holly Black-
This one is really hard-core (seriously) The faeries in this one aren't nice and cute. It's like muderous, rebellious faeries who aren't excately good-looking. It's..weird in a good way but gard-core all the same.


4) Wondrous Strange & Darklight by Lesley Livingston
I still haven't quite worked out what this one is about. I read the first book last year and have the second one but haven't read it yet. I found it was interesting BUT at the same time extremely confusing. It's like a whole jumble of faeries rolled into a jam roll. However, I plan to read the second soon so maybe it would make more sense.


5) Iron King, Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
I am writing this while I'm finishing the first one so I can't say much about it except it's so far so good.


6) Glimmerglass by Jenna Black
Can't say much about this one either since I have 50 pages to go that I have to read after I finish Iron King. However, this is turing out to be one of my fav I think (maybe).


So that's my list of Read-a-Likes for Faerie Books!
Badass Bookie xx

9 comments:

  1. I'm in the middle of the Iron King right now. I like it a lot so far!

    Thanks for the interesting list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read GLIMMERGLASS. I'll have to get my hands on one.
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have to catch up on the faerie books, everyone seems to love them so much

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished Wicked Lovely and LOVED it. My first Faery book. I've had it for a while. Not sure why I didn't read it sooner. I totally fell for Seth ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea! I think the only one out of this I haven't read is Glimmerglass, although I did snag an ebook of it.

    Awesome list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous covers these faerie books have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my blog. Great to meet you!
    :) Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fairies are very popular this round. I just finished Glimmerglass and loved it. Can't wait until the next book!

    Sherri @ Urban Girl Reader

    ReplyDelete
  9. The book covers for faerie novels are always so pretty...makes me want to read one:-)

    ReplyDelete