Sunday, July 4, 2010

In My Mailbox #5

Hey Guys, it's In My Mailbox Time!!! This weekly meme is hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren. It's where we share all the bookish goodies we got this week. I didn't get alot this week because firstly I stil haven't finished all the book I got from my first mailbox post and I need to budget but I managed to sneak in.... ( links link to Goodreads! description taken from there too!)

1) Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
I listed in my goals for the summer break reading challenge that I would like to read this and so I managed to get a copy!
Description  - Three years ago, Sophie Mercer discovered that she was a witch. It's gotten her into a few scrapes. Her non-gifted mother has been as supportive as possible, consulting Sophie's estranged father--an elusive European warlock--only when necessary. But when Sophie attracts too much human attention for a prom-night spell gone horribly wrong, it's her dad who decides her punishment: exile to Hex Hall, an isolated reform school for wayward Prodigium, a.k.a. witches, faeries, and shapeshifters. By the end of her first day among fellow freak-teens, Sophie has quite a scorecard: three powerful enemies who look like supermodels, a futile crush on a gorgeous warlock, a creepy tagalong ghost, and a new roommate who happens to be the most hated person and only vampire on campus. Worse, Sophie soon learns that a mysterious predator has been attacking students, and her only friend is the number-one suspect. As a series of blood-curdling mysteries starts to converge, Sophie prepares for the biggest threat of all: an ancient secret society determined to destroy all Prodigium, especially her.

The cover is really, really pretty ;3 It's got all shiny dots on it. Also, I can use it for the 2010 Debut author challenge!
Description - Dana Hathaway doesn’t know it yet, but she’s in big trouble. When her alcoholic mom shows up at her voice recital drunk, Dana decides she’s had it with being her mother’s keeper, so she packs her bags and heads to stay with her mysterious father in Avalon: the only place on Earth where the regular, everyday world and the magical world of Faerie intersect. But from the moment Dana sets foot in Avalon, everything goes wrong, for it turns out she isn't just an ordinary teenage girl—she's a Faeriewalker, a rare individual who can travel between both worlds, and who can bring magic into the human world and technology into Faerie. Soon, she finds herself tangled up in a cutthroat game of Fae politics. Someone's trying to kill her, and everyone wants something from her, even her newfound friends and family. Suddenly, life with her alcoholic mom doesn't sound half bad, and Dana would do anything to escape Avalon and get back home. Too bad both her friends and her enemies alike are determined not to let her go . . .

That's all I got this week! I have to finish the contents of my mailbox from last,last,last week before I get any more books!!!! Happy Reading everyone!
Badass Bookie xx

8 comments:

  1. I enjoyed Hex Hall and want to read Glimmerglass. Have fun this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky. I am really looking forward to reading both of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love the cover for Glimmerglass too! Really want to know what you think of it!

    Happy reading. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books you got this week. Hex Hall looks really good. Hope you enjoy reading both your books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are both AWESOME books!!! i hope you enjoy them! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Hex Hall! Hope you do too. It's a great read :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Great books! Looking forward to your reviews.
    These are the ones we got this week: Vlog
    Take care!
    Vanessa
    Book ♥ Soulmates

    ReplyDelete