Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Gettysburg Approach to Writing & Speaking like a Professional

A few weeks ago I recieved a copy of The Gettysburg Approach to Writing & Speaking like a Professional by Philip Yaffe for review. Unfortuanately because I have been so busy I haven't been able to review it til now. Since it's non fiction I have judged it on how helpful this book has been.

I found that this guide was very easy to read and understand. It has included many aspects of writing in it. From grammar to points of view it has absoloutlely everything to do with writing. I found that while some sections were harder to comprehend some sections were easy to get a grip on. It also has a chunk of tips and ideas for speaking and oral work. So if you needed to write a presentation speech or public sepaking ideas this is a great help.

I thought that many of the tips in this book were repeated throughout this book making it easy to remember. Also it would be a great help for students (like me) who are constantly asked to write different mediums of writing from speeches to letters to narratives.I not sure if it would be helpful or not for inspirational would-be authors since I technically not one but it was certainly helpful for me as a student. I would defeinitely recommend this book to anyone wishing to improve there english mark or is currently failing english. Even if you are good at english there are so many helpful tips you can pick up! (English is my best/fav subject and I still found it useful) So go pick up a copy!!! Rating 4/5 (This is using a different rating system since it's non fiction.

Badass Bookie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment