Debut - Bad Taste in Boys
Genre - Paranormal
Website - Click HERE
Blog - Click HERE
Twitter - Click HERE
***Please note that the bio was really long so I shortened it, it's still pretty long though, BUT it's really funny***
I was born in Chicago, but we moved to Ohio so fast that I suspect my Illinois residence doesn’t really count. It’s kind of like those people who say, “Yeah, I’ve been to NYC,” but what they really mean is they drove from one airport to the other and spent most of their time in the shuttle placing bets on which cab would get into an accident first. Not that I’ve done that. In high school, I marched in the drum line and worked backstage in the theater. Both activities were really just excuses to meet hot geek boys. I followed my boyfriend to college, which was pretty stupid considering that I broke up with him the second week of school. That left me free to date another long string of hot geek boys and play a lot of euchre. In between dating and cards, I got a degree in English Literature but graduated with no plans whatsoever, so back to school I went. I ended up in a graduate program in Educational Statistics with no idea how the bleep that happened. Now I live in Michigan with my husband, who is a ninja doctor (fer real), and three zombie obsessed children. The other moms at the bus stop think I’m very weird. I think this is a compliment.
Dream Debutante Dress -
|Carrie's dream dress|
Author's Own Message ( ie when they talk about themselves :P)
Ten Randomly Associated Things about Carrie Harris
I’m really proud to be one of Badass Bookie’s 2011 Debutantes! I’ve been looking for an opportunity to wear this carousel dress for AGES. And really, girls like me aren’t often picked for debutante events. I’m more the kind of girl that you’ll find at a convention herding people who are pretending to be vampires.
I’m also the kind of girl who likes random lists. So here are ten randomly associated things about me:
1. I was never a real debutante. The only white gloves I’ve ever worn matched my Princess Leia costume.
2. We used to play Star Wars a lot when I was a kid. I used to get sick of languishing around the Death Star while Luke and Han argued over which one got the bigger light saber. So I learned how to rescue my damn self.
3. I kept rescuing myself until I met the man who is now my husband. He saved me from a swarm of killer bees. And then he bought me a Sno Cone. He even remembered my favorite flavor: blue raspberry.
4. I am a strong woman. I am not afraid of bugs. However, in the middle of a swarm of killer bees, I turn into a complete idiot who runs along the edge of a gorge yelling, “BEES! BEES! BEES!” I do not recommend ever doing this. Please learn from my mistakes.
5. Speaking of leaning from my mistakes, if you ever see a guy at a party who is drinking red tinted corn syrup, he is not a vampire. He is DEFINITELY not someone you want to date. And red corn syrup is very sticky and will turn your entire face pink if you spill it.
6. There is a reason I wrote a book called BAD TASTE IN BOYS. Frankly, I’m surprised someone didn’t tattoo the phrase on my forehead when I was in high school. Or college. Or slightly after college.
7. I had ten different majors in college. At some point, I wanted to be a doctor, a lawyer, a dancer, a film critic, a psychologist, an English teacher, an astronomer, a veterinarian, a detective, and a sociologist.
8. I never dreamed that I’d be able to write for a living, so I became a statistician and lab manager instead.
9. I used to work at a lab where they delivered brains daily via FedEx. At least once a week, I’d have to go down the hallway to locate my missing brains. I have heard every possible joke you can make about that.
10. As a total science geek, I’ll take brains over BRAAAAINS any day of the week. Geeks FTW!
I don't know about you but I'm still laughing from Carrie's post!!! Mrs, Harris, you're the funniest author I have met yet! and the best part is I think you have converted me from Angel lover to a Zombie lover.....UNITE!
Badass Bookie xx