Monday, December 13, 2010

Day Thirteen - All About ... Beth Revis ( Across the Universe)

You know there's only twelve day until Christmas...twelve day left of Debs Event sooooo let's make the most of it alright? Let's say we spread the Christmas Cheer by spreading the word about the event =) please? However, this is all up to you, I'm not going to force anyone or anything. I just thought well it's Christmas and it's a Debutante Event so.... please? Anyway, today we have our seventh debutante ( who is totally awesome so you totally RT about the event ;P ) ...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Debutante Profile

Name - Beth Revis
Debut - Across the Universe ( HERE )
Genre -  Dystopian/ Sci-fi/ Fantasy ( take a pick :P)
Website - HERE
Twitter - HERE
Beth Revis‘s debut novel, Across the Universe, is coming from Razorbill/Penguin on January 11, 2011. A former high-school English teacher, Beth can’t help but blog about writing, grammar, and publishing at Writing it Out. She is the founder of the new popular dystopian blog, the League of Extraordinary Writers and blows off steam by trying to come up with something witty in 140 characters or less, lusting after books on GoodReads, or wasting time on Facebook.





Dream Debutante Dress -

Beautiful choice :)
























Author's Own Message ( ie when they talk about themselves :P)

That sounds all nice and professional, doesn’t it? *snerk* If you want to know the truth, I am nowhere near professional. I can’t even remember if I brushed my teeth this morning, and I know I didn’t brush my hair. I wasn’t always this way. Just last May, I was still a teacher—I taught World Literature to tenth graders in a rural high school—but since I started the Summer Break that Never Ends (i.e. since I became a full-time teacher), I’ve gotten into the nasty habit of sleeping late and stumbling around in made-up worlds for the better part of the day.

When I was a starry-eyed wee little Beth, I used to think that writers were these semi-mythical beings who lived in ivory towers and everything they wrote was golden.

I’m still waiting on my ivory tower. And my coffee.

These days, I know that I’ll probably never get my dream deb dress (much less an occasion to wear such a thing!), but life’s still good. I get to watch Firefly whenever I’m feeling uninspired, I have more books in my TBR shelf than I can honestly handle, and whenever I’m well and truly stuck, I have the pleasure of taking my dog (a big black Lab named Sirius) on long rambling walks to nowhere.

Who needs an ivory tower?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well Beth I don't need an ivory but I need Across the Universe FAST! ( nah kidding, I got my copy already hehe , false alarm) and Sirius is that the name of Harry's godfather? I'm having a mind blank and can't decided whether Sirius was the godfather or the evil but not really one :) Anyway Beth, I thoroughly enjoyed learning more you! Hey Beth, make sure you come back tomorrow, maybe we can talk over coffee before we do the second part of your feature =)

Badass Bookie xx

23 comments:

  1. Deb's dress choice is really different!
    I loved her message. We're all waiting for that ivory tower :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth rules and her writing is amazing. Thanks for featuring her here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning dream dress, Beth. :) It would look great on you, I think. Don't worry, no one thinks you're a professional. Ha ha. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is gorgeous! I'm so excited to finally get my hands on a copy of Across the Universe. Only a month left. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teaching teenagers...*shutter*...I don't think I could ever handle that, lol. Oh and that dress is rather stunning. Can't wait for the book to be released.

    ReplyDelete
  6. DYING to read ATU!

    Thanks for the interview, ladies! Beth, awesome choice of dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beth is so cool, and picked MY dream Deb dress, plus she has awesome taste in music, so, you know, this lends itself to Ivory-Tower status in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sirius is the perfect name =D (yes it's Harry's godfather's name ;))

    A coffee for me too please *yawn* ;P

    I can't wait to read Across the universe!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Meh, a writer's life doesn't sound all that bad! (An ivory tower would be a definite plus, though)

    Love that deb dress~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love stories about former English teachers who have become authors...Maybe I'll be following in your footsteps someday?? Thanks for the encouragement and for following your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  11. One: Gorgeous deb dress!
    Two: Beth Revis Rocks!
    Three: I would travel across multiple universes and back to get my hands on a copy of that freaking book!
    Four: Is it January-aka-release time yet?!

    Love the post, except she kind of spoiled the myth about ivory towers for the rest of us aspiring writers *sigh* So cool her dog is named Sirius, love it! Yes, Sirius is Harry's badass awesome godfather :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beth looks different in that picture. I almost don't recognize her. I get used to with her pictures on the blog

    I have seen AtU almost in every book blog. Cant hardly wait to have my own copy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm dying to read your book........Your dress is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the dress is very interesting. I think it's very eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the dress, can't wait to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your dream dress looks like it is composed of petals. It's very pretty!
    Ah, now I think you should get an Ivory tower!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The dress is so pretty, it looks like something a fairy princess would wear or a dress straight out of a Disney princess movie.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ivory towers are overrated, hope you get a luxury castle with a book like across the universe.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beth's dress choice is pretty cool, and it was a great choice to name her black dog Sirius.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really wish I could hae had one of these writers as a school teacher--almost as much as I want this book. right. now.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beth is amazing and i really am looking forward to reading her book

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful dress but I have to say been wanting to read this book like forever now .

    ReplyDelete