Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day Twenty Three - All About.. Lauren DeStefano (Wither)

Hello Lovelies! Today I bring you our last Debutante for the whole event! You know it's feels so long but short at the same time! I think I'm going to miss the event and my lovely Debs but they will be fine! Anyway, I also reading Wither right now which is REALLY good, look forward to a mini-review tomorrow and a giveaway....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Debutante Profile

Name - Lauren DeStefano
Debut - Wither ( Goodreads )
Genre - Dystopian
Website - HERE
Twitter - HERE 

Lauren DeStefano was born in New Haven, Connecticut and has never traveled far from the east coast. She received a BA in English from Albertus Magnus College recently, and has been writing since childhood. She made her authorial debut by writing on the back of children's menus at restaurants and filling up the notepads in her mom's purse. Her very first manuscript was written on a yellow legal pad with red pen, and it was about a haunted shed that ate small children.


Now that she is all grown up (for the most part), she writes fiction for young adults. Her failed career aspirations include: world's worst receptionist, coffee house barista, sympathetic tax collector, and English tutor. When she isn't writing, she's screaming obscenities at her Nintendo DS, freaking her cats out with the laser pen, or rescuing thrift store finds and reconstructing them into killer new outfits.

Dream Debutante -







 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Author's Own Message ( ie when they talk about themselves :P)


Ten random things you probably didn’t know about Lauren DeStefano:



10.) My favorite color is purple

9.) I collect Asian ball-jointed dolls. They creep most of my friends out, but I adore them and will often get them custom-made to look like my favorite characters. I do a similar thing when playing The Sims.

8.) My fifth-grade teacher made a yearbook for her graduating class. I was voted most likely to publish a book. (Note: My fifth grade teacher is mentioned in my acknowledgements).


7.) As a child, my birthday candle wish was for the same thing every year: A sibling.


6.) I am a huge craft nerd. With a little help through the internet, I taught myself how to sew and knit, and in college I’d pay bills making anime costumes for people to wear to conventions. Despite this, I have never been able to successfully crochet anything, and am the only person in history to have failed a crochet class.

5.) I have an orange tabby named Cecil, after Cecily, the youngest sister wife in Wither. They have similar personalities.


4.) If I could eat one food for the rest of my life, it would be bagels.


3.) My car’s name is Simon. I refer to him by name in conversation so often that people have mistakenly assumed I’m referring to a boyfriend or a relative.

2.) When I am deep into the writing of a manuscript that is especially dark, I develop a rash on the back of my left hand.


1.) The first book I ever read on my own was Harold and the Purple Crayon. I would sleep with it under my pillow and carry it along on play dates and into the bathtub. Harold remains, to this day, the literary character I most identify with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm laughing and I don't even know why!!! Hey Lauren, my favourite colour is purple too! *high five* Oh and the rash thing.. that's creepy O_O I named my right shoe Teddie and my left shoe Henry so when I lose a shoe everyone gets worried thinking it's a person! You got voted most likely to publish a book and I got voted the next Shirlena Johnson ( contestant on X factor who reached one million hits on YouTube because she was so hilariously bad ) .....

Badass Bookie xx

23 comments:

  1. That debutante dress is so cute! That is so funny that your fifth grade class voted you most likely to write a book. I'm an English teacher, so it'd be a dream come true for one of my students to write a book! Thanks for the interview--This book is at the very top of my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Lauren, Wither is my #1 book I am most excited to read in 2011. This interview was great. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lauren! Loved the tidbits about you! Have a Happy Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a divine dress! It looks like an Alice in Wonderland one. I bet Lauren's fifth grade teacher is patting herself on the back right now:) I freaking love Harold and the Purple Crayon!
    -Danna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable dress! That coincidence with your fifth grade class is hilarious! I guess they knew you pretty well! And I wished for a sibling when I was young, too! It's pretty lonely being an only child.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny post! I love Lauren's self portrait =D and I love the dress to. It's like a dress a manga character could wear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to read...the acknowledgement you gave to your fifth grade teacher! Oh, and maybe your book too. ;) Lauren, you sound like an awesome person! Purple is my second favourite colour. I've never been too keen on keeping DOLLS, but if you're going to collect them, then I guess a BJD is the way to go.

    I have never had a bagel before (an American thing?). Are they like doughnuts? I must give my new car a name, too. I'll sleep on it. Thanks for sharing your life with us! I must read Wither ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get number 7!

    Wither is so highly anticipated, I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No wonder the dress reminds me of Japanese Maid, seems you watch lots of anime

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the debutante dress! Wither sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And I forgot to say--the name Simon for a car cracked me up. Dunno why exactly, but it did. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colour purple too and what a darling debutante dress :D I enjoy reading authour messages can't wait for wither! After the hunger games trilogy ended my hunt for new dystopian series began now this is one of my most anticipated 2011 dystopia books :D Laura has a great sense of humor

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha i love the name Simon! i should name my car simon too! :)

    jessica b

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is such a cute debutante dress! Wither sounds really dark, but I hope there's some humor too, b/c Laura sounds hilarious. :) Wow, my list of books to read in 2011 just gets longer and longer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, so I second the rash thing being kind of creepy-but also sort of awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Does Harold and the Purple Crayon have anything to do with your favorite color being purple?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that dress! LOVE. Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. This dress reminds me of my halloween costume...I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i like the dress she chose and the ten random things were also interesting and informational :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome dream dress. Its very different.

    ReplyDelete
  22. MY son would love you , he is big into anime lol his fave right now is Bleach and he says when he grows up he wants to go to Japan .

    ReplyDelete
  23. killer outfit! Great interview for a debut author!

    ReplyDelete