Sunday, October 24, 2010

Twenty Boy Summer

Hello Lovelies! Review time! Unfortunately due The Indy/Indie ( Race Cars thing, I don't know how to spell it ) There is bad bad bad traffic and I couldn't not make it to the mailbox this week, although I tried, made dad drive me there but they closed already....so no IMM this week! However I have more reviews for you guys! Oh and TAYLOR SWIFT'S  SPEAK NOW IS AWESOME!!!!

The Short Story? - I finshed Twenty Boy Summer last week, I picked up the book before it became banned so ha! Anyway, I don't know why it's banned because it was an absolutely beautifully written book that I think every teen should read. BTW does anyone know why it's banned because I can't find anything wrong with it.....

The Long Story? - So the book is about a girl ( Anna) who had a 'thing' with her best friend's brother ( Matt) Sadly, Matt died of a heart defect and Anna is left with so many questions unanswered and a broken heart that refuses to be mended. One summer Frankie ( Best Friend) and Anna go to California for a holiday, there they made a pact for a twenty boy summer... but along comes Sam....

I loved Twenty Boy Summer, it was a beautifully written book about loss, pain, heart break and hope. It's a powerful book that really makes an imprint. I found myself thinking about it even after I finished it. Sarah Ockler, really is a fantastic writer. The thing I liked about this book was that the story started almost immediately, a great pace to read at. Fantastic characters, realistic but cute plot and beautifully written. I thought the ending was rather abrupt though, I would have lised to know what happened with Sam and maybe an epilogue would have been nice. The cover was beautful as well, it also has a secret meaning to it so you have to read the book to understand! In general it was a beautiful book that leaves an imprint, Rating 4/5

Badass Boookie xx

8 comments:

  1. I adored this book. The author gave such images that made you feel like you were at the beach. I loved it. I'm glad you enjoyed it as well. :)

    Such a lovely review. Have a pleasant weekend :)

    Mad Scientist
    http://madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I've heard, it has sexual references and themes, as well as swearing. And possibly death might have added to the reasons for banning; I'm not sure. Glad you loved it; hope the ending isn't too bad when I read it. It's been sitting on my bookshelf for at least two-three months. Before the banned books week, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the writing but disliked both Frankie and Matt. But, as I said, the writing is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i loved this book too - just a beautifully written book and I loved the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this book a few months ago and fell in love. I was blown away by Ockler's rich, whimsical writing. I was totally transported to Zanzibar Island. The story is compelling and poignant, too- this novel immediately became one of my favorites. I was so upset when I found out about the whole banning issue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got this from the library and plan on starting it today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read this book awhile back because of all the amazing reviews, but I ended up not really liking it at all. Oh well, we all have different tastes. I didn't know it was banned!! I couldn't really imagine why...

    ReplyDelete