Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Almost to Die For

Review Time! Sooooo I finished Almost to Die for by Tate Hallaway the other day. I have been wanting to read this one since I saw it in Kristi @ The Story Siren's mailbox a while back. I'm delighted that I got a copy for review so thanks Penguin!

The Short Story? - Short read only about 240 pages, just the way I like it. Interesting plot but contained almost every cliche I talked about yesterday ( the love triangle, the good look guy, the loser chick) but since I don't mind cliches THAT much it was bearable. Overall, I would say it was a good read.

The Long Story? - I expected this book to be alot like Vampire Academy since it was all vampire princess stuff but um, it wasn't. No boarding schools ( WHICH is another cliche but I love this one so I left it off the list :P) or kick ass heroines so a disappointment but I got over it. The guys in this book were pretty hot ( in my mind anyway) but the romance was a disappointment. Like it's a love triangle but at the end of the book she is still stuck in between so didn't really anywhere. Originality was pretty high, you don't get a lot of witches and vampires so that was new. The writing style took some getting used to but it was worth it. Overall it was pretty good. Characters were interesting, short read ( bonus), love the creepy eye cover and I can't wait to seee where the romance gets to in the next book! Rating 3.5/5

Badass Bookie xx

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to read this for ages and just got it from the library. Had high hopes for it. Too bad it wasn't more like VA. I love that series.

    ReplyDelete