Monday, October 4, 2010

If I Stay

Review Time! I pretty sure everyone has read this one right? I wasn't so sure about it since I not that into contemporary teen fiction or anything that is even slightly depressing so that's why I left it off for so long but the thing I hate more than depressing novels is not reading a book that everyone else has read or a book that has been talked about. Yes, I go with the flow, so I had to pick it up. :P

Short Story? - It wasn't too depressing and I actually liked it. Gayle has a beautiful writing style, very easy to read and comfortable. I think it's pretty amazing how she can write 200 pages about something that happened in one day, I salute you!




Which cover do you like the best? I kinda like the one on the bottom left. My copy had the first cover!

Long Story? - I liked it! Partly because it was so much shorter than everything else I have read lately and partly because it was a great story that wasn't too depressing. Apart from the start, which was wayyyyy to descriptive for my likings ( all that blood and gore made me sick, I will never be a doctor, even thinking about it now is making me queasy) the rest of the book was really great. Short, to the point and easy to read. Another reason why I don't read contemporary is because the stories don't go anywhere, the books are all about characters finding themselves so doesn't go anywhere, unlike paranormal or dystopian etc. BUT I liked this one evem if it didn't go anywhere. It wasn't a book for me but I still liked it so that says something right?Rating - 3.5/5

Badass Bookie xx

12 comments:

  1. Haha. My favourite book got 3.5. I also like how your long story is only slightly longer than the short story. :P Hehehe. I understand why this book wasn't for you, though, and I'm glad you gave it a try anyway. It'll always be one of my favourites, I think. One I'll read over and over, and then I'll read the sequel over and over, as well. There's nothing I love more in a book than solid characters and simple, classic writing.

    I have both top-left and bottom-right. I probably won't get the other two, since I have more than enough. :) Unfortunately I reviewed this one before I was actually "good" at reviewing. It's kind of embarrassing, reading my older reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I haven't read it yet. I'm nervous about the sad/depressing factor too.
    But it's good to hear it isn't so sad.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this book a few months ago and I gave it a great rating. It was kind of depressing but really deep and kind of worked out great in the end, don't you think? I don't know if I'm going to read the sequel though. My version was the top left (blue with the flower) but I really like the bottom right cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fave cover is the bottom right but I also like the original hardcover. This is one of my favourite books. I just love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely loved this book, so short but so good!

    As for covers I think the top right best represents the book (the whole standing on an edge, choosing whether to fall etc) so that's my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm debating between the top right cover and bottom left LOL. I've never read this book, but I think I'll check it out. Thanks!

    Also wanted to let you know I have an award for you on my blog too. Check it out here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I've given you an award at my blog, for being absolutely amazing!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leaving an award for you on my blog!

    http://sarahreadstoomuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your background! It's gorgeous, I just want to visit to look at it (my first visit - I'm giving you a belated visit from the hop because you visited me and I didn't get to in return straight away. I'm also following you now, but not just because of your background!).

    No, not everyone has read it. I hadn't even heard of it till now! For shame... It sounds intriguing, especially if the story takes place in one day.

    I'm going for the bottom right cover even though they're all lovely covers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, I've only seen the top left and bottom right cover. I think the other two are actually better. I loved this book and cannot wait to read the sequel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey congrats Lisa! You got 3 awards in one day! WOW! Hats off to you. :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I'm one of the few people who hasn't read this one yet, I think I need to fix that. I've heard from a bunch of people that the beginning is really gory so I'm not really looking forward to that, but the rest of the story sounds really interesting. Oh, and I like the cover on the bottom right:)

    ReplyDelete