Debut - The Madman's Daughter
Genre – Gothic Thriller
Megan Shepherd grew up in her family's independent bookstore in North Carolina. An avid reader and world traveler who spent several years in the Peace Corps, Megan now lives with her husband in Asheville, North Carolina. The Madman's Daughter is her first novel. You can visit her online at www.meganshepherd.com. She is represented by Adams Literary.
Dream Debutante Dress - I grew up in the South, so you would think I knew all about debutante culture. But my town was more “rural Appalachia” than “high-society old world South”, so I didn’t really understand what debutantes were until I saw an episode of Vampire Diaries. I chose this Victorian-inspired dress because I did lots of historical research for The Madman’s Daughter, and am so jealous of the beautiful clothes women wore back then!
Notes from a YA Debutante
Ten Facts about me:
1. I have a zombie apocalypse escape plan. It involves a motorcycle, an island, and a lot of beef jerky. I can’t tell you anything else, because then I won’t have an edge.
2. I got a perm in high school, and I’m still emotionally scarred from it.
3. While working in Senegal, West Africa, I lived in a mud hut for two years, where I discovered scorpions had made a nest in my straw mattress.
4. The first story I ever wrote was a picture book about colony collapse disorder in bees. It didn’t sell.
5. I have a phobia of sleepwalkers. Just the thought of people walking around while they’re unconscious makes me break out in sweat.
6. I worked one summer as a park ranger in Glacier National Park, Montana. If I wasn’t a writer, this would be my dream job.
7. Patchouli is the worse smell imaginable.
8. I was an extra in The Hunger Games movie. It was filmed just outside of my town. You can see me in the movie but I’m reeeeeeally little.
9. I grew up in a bookstore, literally. My crib was behind the counter of my parents’ independent store.
10. I’m married to the most amazing man alive.
Bookie's Note: Megan, I just got a perm two weeks ago and I tried to wash it out now it's only curly on the bottom but I don't think I'll ever recover. Perms are just AWFUL. Never EVER again! I think that's so KEWL that you were an extra in The Hunger Games, I know Sasha @ Sash and Em was an extra in the movie too! I really should start thinking about my Zombie Apocalypse plan, since the world is ending in 4 days and everything...
Make sure to come back tomorrow for the second half of Megan's feature! We have some juicy secrets lined up and a fantastic giveaway!
Badass Bookie xx