Monday, July 25, 2011

Only the Good Spy Young

Review Time! I’m a huge fan of Ally Carter, she writes fabulous novels for teenagers and alongside her Heist Society series, her Gallagher Girls series is one of my favorite series all time. They’re absolutely amazing! If you haven’t read them, you’re missing out :P Thanks to Hachette for the review copy!


(Goodreads) When Cammie Morgan enrolled at the Gallagher Academy, she knew she was preparing for the dangerous life of a spy. What she didn’t know was that the serious, real-life danger would start during her junior year of high school. But that’s exactly what happened two months ago when Cammie faced off against an ancient terrorist organization dead set on kidnapping her.


Now the danger follows her everywhere, and even Cammie “The Chameleon” can’t hide. When a terrifying encounter in London reveals that one of her most-trusted allies is actually a rogue double-agent, Cammie no longer knows if she can trust her classmates, her teachers—or even her own heart.

The Short Story? – Ally Carter never fails to impress! Only the Good Spy Young is the fourth book in her Gallagher Girls series and it’s by far my favorite. Action-packed, unpredictable and completely engrossing. Only the Good Spy Young is a combination of my two favorite things in literature, romance and action. One word – brilliant.

The Long Story? – Good God! Where do I even start with this novel? Honestly, I’m not even sure what to write about it ( which is why I haven’t written a review til now) because there is just so much I want to say. I don’t want to blabber on or bore you to tears but this is a seriously awesome series.

Carter’s plots are always, always unpredictable. You’ll never find a novel with a plot like hers, it’s not “recycled”. They’re clever, fast-paced and completely original which is one of the reason I love her novels. I mentioned before that I secretly think Carter was a spy herself and writing her life stories and Only the Good Spy Young only supports my argument. The events in this book are so clever and realistic that Carter being a spy is the only explanation. Heart-pounding, non-stop excitement that left me on the edge of my seat, no one can write an action novel better than Carter.

Some of my favorite characters are from this series. Cammie, our Gallagher girl is everything a good protagonist needs to be. Smart, funny and a risk-taker, Cammie is what every good novel should have, a protagonist who can think for themselves. Zach, is the man of my dreams ( one of them anyway), he really takes the ‘air of mystery’ quite seriously, it wasn’t til this book that we get to know a little more about him other than he’s HOT! ( Huge secrets to be revealed in this novel!) Some of my favorite supporting characters were born from this series, what I find amazing is that every character has that ‘cool, confident’ charm going. Maybe its part of being a spy but it’s totally awesome. Great characters that I’ve grown closer and closer to over the years!

I know I mention this every time I review Carter’s books but her romance is really spot-on! The romance is always one of the reasons it hard to wait for the next book to be released. Carter dishes the romance out in rationed portions, enough to keep reader hooked on but not enough to satisfy! It’s torture! It’s killing me not to know where Cammie and Zach end up but again the undeniable attraction is there and the sizzling chemistry between the two is what keeps the novel moving ( along with the other important things like stopping terrorists). Brilliant romance, Carter’s mastered the art of torture ;)

What else do I have to say? Two words – read it. The Gallagher Girls is a fantastic series that can be enjoyed by everyone, yes even you! Don’t look at it and think ‘ uhhh it’s not for me’ because this one is for everyone! Another master piece from Ally Carter, another novel that’s going to be re-read over and over again. Action-packed, exciting and sizzling with romantic tension. Only the Good Spy Young will not disappoint!

Rating – 5/5


Badass Bookie xx

6 comments:

  1. Yay I'm so happy you liked this! I love the Gallagher Girls series and this book was one of my favourites. Zach too is one of the many men of my dreams - I love him! Thanks for the review - I can't wait for Out of Sight, Out of Time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that these books really are for everyone - Carter is brilliant! I think Cammie is such a great heroine, and the books are so funny and action-packed. I just saw that she announced a fifth book - yay for more GG action!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just received the Heist Society series in the mail today. So excited to dig in! I'm going to buy this series from Book Depo really soon. I'm glad it's good! *squeals* ..I love spy/mission/awesome plots okay? Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like an awesome series! Can't wait to get started on it. Great review, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I probably need to start at the beginning. But I love unpredictable plots. Thanks for the introduction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really cant wait for out of sight out of time i lurved only the good spy young and i totaly lurv Zach :D

    ReplyDelete