Debut – Open Road Summer
Publisher - Walker
Genre – Contemporary
Blog - HERE
Twitter - HERE
Emery Lord lives in Cincinnati with her BFF/husband, two rescue dog sidekicks, and a closet full of dresses. She spends way too much time reading, shopping for impractical shoes, and laughing so loudly with her girl friends that other people in the restaurant get mad. OPEN ROAD SUMMER is her first novel.
Dream Debutante Dress -
"This Jenny Packham dress forever, but with a stitch or two in the neckline because otherwise my mom will make me go home and change."
Notes from a YA Debutante
1. Yep, Lord is my real last name.
2. My parents are high school sweethearts, so my existence is actually the product of a YA love story.
3. I had braces for six (SIX!) years.
4. My family is full of incredible athletes--lacrosse, tennis, golf, you name it. During my first soccer game as a kid, I sat down by the goal and made a crown out of clovers instead of playing defense.
5. I wanted my name to be Annabel when I was little because I was obsessed with the book NO FLYING IN THE HOUSE.
6. Okay, I actually still wish my name was Annabel. Let's call me Annabel from now on.
7. I played Anita in my high school's WEST SIDE STORY production. There's a DVD. You will NEVER see it.
8. I write in cursive at all times. It's easier and faster to me, not having to pick up the pen for every letter. When I have to print for medical forms, I'm like a chimpanzee with an oversized pencil--
awkward and slow.
9. I never saw the show FRIENDS when it was on the air, but I started watching it a few years ago. Now I watch the series on loop if I can't fall asleep. And I kick ass at FRIENDS trivia.
10. I worked at Starbucks for all four years of college, and every year was full of coffee and dance parties and plenty of crying in the back room. It remains my second-favorite job, other than writing books!
Badass Bookie xx