Debut – Deadly Hemlock (HERE)
Author - Kathleen Peacock
Release Date - 5th of July 2012
Genre – Supernatural Mystery/Paranormal Romance
Mackenzie and Amy were best friends. Until Amy was brutally murdered.
Since then, Mac’s life has been turned upside down. She is being haunted by Amy in her dreams, and an extremist group called the Trackers has come to Mac’s hometown of Hemlock to hunt down Amy’s Killer: A white werewolf.
Lupine Syndrome - the werewolf virus – is on the rise across the country. Many of the infected try to hide their symptoms, but bloodlust is not easy to control and the Trackers are determined to stop those with Lupine Syndrome, at any cost.
Unwilling to work with the brutal Trackers, but desperately wanting to put an end to her nightmares, Mac decides to investigate Amy’s murder herself. But the deeper she delves into the mystery behind Amy’s death, the more secrets she discovers lurking in the shadows of Hemlock. Secrets that should have been left untold. Secrets that will change her life forever.
The Insider's Scoop
(5 things that changed—or didn’t—between the initial idea of Deadly Hemlock and the final draft)
1) Mac is the only character whose name did not change between the original idea for the book and the final version.
2) Every single draft of Deadly Hemlock has contained a reference to Cujo by Stephen King. The circumstances and person who makes the reference have been different in each draft.
3) Jason’s last name, Sheffield, is a nod to the rich family in the sitcom The Nanny.
4) In the original version of the book, Mac’s apartment building gets torched by the Trackers.
5) Hemlock originally took place the summer after graduation. The characters were all aged down one year during revisions.
Kathleen is giving away (1) Copy of Deadly Hemlock!
Rule of Entry -
- Ends 16th of August
- Must be 13 or older
- Optional Entries :
* Leaving comment on either of Kathleen's posts +1 each
* Follow Me on Twitter +1
* Follow Kathleen on Twitter +1
* Tweeting Giveaway +1