Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Debut of the Month - All About Lisa M. Stasse (The Forsaken)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Debutante Profile

Name – Lisa M. Stasse
Debut – The Forsaken
Genre – Dystopian
Website – HERE
Facebook – Here
Twitter - HERE

Lisa M. Stasse was born on a farm in a small town in upstate New York. She has since lived in twelve different states and four different countries. She graduated from Cornell University with a degree in Political Science and English literature, and is currently a digital librarian at UCLA. Lisa loves watching science fiction movies, cooking Spanish food, and dancing around her house to 80's music (when no one is watching). She lives in Santa Monica, California with her husband and their two-year-old daughter. All three of them are learning how to surf. The Forsaken is her debut novel.

Dream Debutante Dress -  Bookie's Notes: Pretttttyyyyyy. Traditional White too! :P


Notes from a YA Debutante

First of all, thank you for having me! I'm incredibly excited and honored to be a July debutante! I thought that for today, I'd write about...
WHAT I'M DOING WHEN I'M NOT WRITING!

1. Taking photos.

Photography was always my first love growing up. When I was a teenager, I thought I was going to be a famous photographer one day. Well, that didn't exactly happen! But I still love taking photos, and talking about cameras and all that geeky stuff. And I drag my husband to photography exhibitions every chance I get. Living in Los Angeles, there's usually lots of cool and/or weird stuff to see around town. My latest camera is one of those cheap "Lomokino" film cameras (I've included a picture of one so you can see what I'm talking about). They take little low-fi movies on 35mm rolls of film, and are lots of fun to mess around with.



2. Playing with my two-year-old (almost three-year-old) daughter.

Most of my time these days when I'm not writing is spent hanging out with my daughter. She's awesome. I take her down to Venice Beach a lot with some other moms and their kids and we hang out and chat while the little kids play. My daughter is currently obsessed with Spiderman (although she has never seen the movies or anything—she has just seen ads and posters for it and is really excited for some inexplicable reason).

3. Cooking.

Okay, so I went through a phase after college when I thought I wanted to start my own restaurant. I got really obsessed with cooking. I love Spanish food (and I lived in Spain for a semester in college), so I bought all these books and got really into it. Of course, I never did start a restaurant or even work as a chef. But I did learn how to make a mean pisto manchego, and I still love to cook.

4. Reading.

I probably read fewer books now than I once did—mainly because I spend so much time writing, and also because having kids cuts into one's peaceful, quiet reading time. But I still read 3-5 books every week. I get so excited when one of my favorite authors has a new book coming out! I have a Kindle and a Nook, but I still love reading physical copies. And I have a giant stack of books to read. Right now, the book I'm most excited about reading is probably Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans, because I've heard it's really awesome.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bookie's Note: So that's our FIRST debutante of this month! Lisa, what a lovely name you have! :P I'm not a photographer but I know how to work instagram ( if that even counts! :P) and I envy your love for cooking! I can't cook even if my life depended on it - haha! I WISH I could read 5 books a week, I think I read 3 a week - in a good week! Haha! Well, everyone please come back tomorrow for when Lisa reveals some secrets about The Forsaken and also for the opportunity to win a copy! :P

Badass Bookie xx

16 comments:

  1. Aww! Thanks Lisa! Looking forward to THE FORSAKEN too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love taking photos. Being in the dark room is even better!! I try and read a book a day...but it doesn't always happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love photography as well. My parents got me a Canon EOS 600D for graduation and I absolutely love it (and them of course for giving it to me!). :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is so pretty. Thanks for the interesting post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new release!!! I've been reading such positive buzz about this book, I can't wait to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome pic! I'm interested in photography but never get the chance. Maybe i'll try it out. Great post! =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love finding out a bit more about authors :-) I wish I could cook spanish food too Mmmmm paella!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quite a creative dress you got there.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lisa, congrats on your debut. The dress really interesting. Very creative of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am interested in photography too... :) whenever i am free and i have a camera in my hand i start clicking random pictures but i am not good at it...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh I like that dress! It's...different : ) Thanks for sharing random things about yourself with us! Love to find out more about authors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to cook. When I have things in my fridge that is! And of course I love to read.
    I wish I pull off that dress, it's absolutely gorgeous!
    Can't wait to read The Forsaken! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lisa, lovely name indeed you 2. :P
    The dress is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Photography has to be my favorite of all pass times :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. 3-5 books a week is still a lot! I love cooking too, and living in Spain sounds AMAZING! Love the dress as well. GORGEOUS! Thanks for the awesome post :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved this, thanks for letting us having a look in your life :)
    Really excited to read The Forsaken!

    ReplyDelete