McCormick Templeman is descended from musicians and criminals. She holds a BA from Reed College, two master’s degrees, an acupuncture license, and the world title for most irascible air hockey player. Her first novel, THE LITTLE WOODS is available now from Schwartz & Wade (Random House). THE GLASS CASKET, a twisted retelling of Snow White, is forthcoming from Delacorte in 2014. She lives in California with some people and some stuff.
Notes from a YA Debutante
1. I always thought I’d be a writer, but I never thought I’d be published while still alive. I had romantic notions about being discovered and published posthumously, and shaking my fist at everyone from the great beyond while shouting See! See! This way is much less dramatic.
2. When I get really stressed out sometimes I get tattoos.
3. I am addicted to school.
4. I have gotten really into birds all of a sudden. I seriously never noticed them until last week and now I can’t stop staring at the sky and screaming holy crap will you look at that one!
5. Sometimes famous people walk up to me and give me really bad advice.
6. Secretly I want to be a musical theater star, but I am too shy to sing in front of other people.
7. Secretly I want to be an emergency room doctor, but I am afraid of stress.
8. Secretly I want to be a marine biologist who studies sharks, but I am afraid of sharks.
9. One time when I was very little, I was attacked by a peacock.
Bookie's Note: Well there you have it, our third debutante of this month! WHAT DID YOU DO TO PROVOKE A PEACOCK? And you really shouldn't get tattoos every time you get stressed because you might turn out like this - HERE and I don't think that's the look you're going for... Anyway, everyone else please come back tomorrow and read the 2nd half of Mc's feature. She's also hosting a giveaway which means free stuff and that's kinda awesome no?
Badass Bookie xx