McCormick Templeman is descended from musicians and criminals. She holds a BA from Reed College, two master’s degrees, an acupuncture license, and the world title for most irascible air hockey player. Her first novel, THE LITTLE WOODS is available now from Schwartz & Wade (Random House). THE GLASS CASKET, a twisted retelling of Snow White, is forthcoming from Delacorte in 2014. She lives in California with some people and some stuff.
Notes from a YA Debutante
1. I always thought I’d be a writer, but I never thought I’d be published while still alive. I had romantic notions about being discovered and published posthumously, and shaking my fist at everyone from the great beyond while shouting See! See! This way is much less dramatic.
2. When I get really stressed out sometimes I get tattoos.
3. I am addicted to school.
4. I have gotten really into birds all of a sudden. I seriously never noticed them until last week and now I can’t stop staring at the sky and screaming holy crap will you look at that one!
5. Sometimes famous people walk up to me and give me really bad advice.
6. Secretly I want to be a musical theater star, but I am too shy to sing in front of other people.
7. Secretly I want to be an emergency room doctor, but I am afraid of stress.
8. Secretly I want to be a marine biologist who studies sharks, but I am afraid of sharks.
9. One time when I was very little, I was attacked by a peacock.
Bookie's Note: Well there you have it, our third debutante of this month! WHAT DID YOU DO TO PROVOKE A PEACOCK? And you really shouldn't get tattoos every time you get stressed because you might turn out like this - HERE and I don't think that's the look you're going for... Anyway, everyone else please come back tomorrow and read the 2nd half of Mc's feature. She's also hosting a giveaway which means free stuff and that's kinda awesome no?
Badass Bookie xx
Goodness, number 9 is my favourite! My cousin was attacked by a peacock once. It’s still one of the most traumatic yet hilarious memories I have!ReplyDelete
To be honest I haven’t heard of this author or her books before, but after just hearing the title and that it’s a Snow White retelling, I’m so keen on The Glass Casket! I mean... THE. GLASS. CASKET. Shame we have to wait until 2014! (I will need to pick up her first novel in the meantime.)
Congrats on the new release! Thanks for a fun post :)ReplyDelete
I wanted to be a marine biologist when I was little!ReplyDelete
ATTACKED BY A PEACOCK? I can't help but see links between this week's Debutante and last's >:DReplyDelete
Also: THE DRESS! THE DRESS! THE DRESS!
Wow that dress is...just wow! I wanted to be a musical theater star too (who am I kidding I still do) but i cannot sing to save my life! I can't wait to read a different take on Snow White!! Love fairy tale retellings!!ReplyDelete
The dress she has chosen WOW impressive! It wouldn't be something I'd pick.ReplyDelete
I wonder how many tattoos she has? If whenever I was stressed I got a new tattoo I'd be covered in them :-o
Congrats on the new release. It sounds very interesting. The dress IS kinda creepy :)ReplyDelete
I did not "attack" her. I threw a piece of cheese at her head. A small piece of cheese. Well, smallish. She's just being a drama shark.ReplyDelete
Hahahaha! I like Kathleen's reply!ReplyDelete
And your answers are so fun! I'm going to get my first tattoo next month! Exciting! :o)
Woah, she's definitely one person I WANT to meet! She sounds amazing and totally interesting. And that dress is so creepy and cool! :DReplyDelete
Whoa...the dress is amazing and McCormick is definitely awesome. Can't wait to read her book.ReplyDelete