Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Naughty List

Review Time! Okay I’m going to make this whole week a Review Catch-Up week so that next week when Debut of the Month is I’m not going to fall even further behind with my reviews! This is a “just because” review, I’m reviewing this one just because I want to tell you guys how awesome it is! Thanks to Jess @ She Known as Jess BlogSpot for this awesome read!


(Goodreads) As if being a purrfect cheerleader isn't enough responsibility! Tessa Crimson's the sweet and spunky leader of the SOS (Society of Smitten Kittens), a cheer squad-turned-spy society dedicated to bringing dastardly boyfriends to justice, one cheater at a time. Boyfriend-busting wouldn't be so bad . . . except that so far, every suspect on the Naughty List has been proven 100% guilty!



When Tessa's own boyfriend shows up on the List, she turns her sleuthing skills on him. Is Aiden just as naughty as all the rest, or will Tessa's sneaky ways end in catastrophe?


The Naughty List. Is your boyfriend on it?
 
The Short Story? – Cute and funny, this rom-com is going to rock your socks off! For lovers of Anna and the French Kiss and Kody Keplinger novels, The Naughty List is the next best thing! Funny, cute, fluffy and one for the romance junkies, The Naughty List will make you laugh and cry (okay the ending made me cry). Definitely one for all the girls out there!

The Long Story? – This novel is so “American”, for an Aussie girl like me, its pure entertainment! Cheerleaders who double up as spies who catch cheating boyfriends, hot basketball playing boyfriends, bitchy girls trying steal your boyfriend, lockers ( okay, I have one of these) and cafeteria food! Boyfriends, boyfriends, boyfriends! It’s like watching a teenage drama :) I loved the plot of The Naughty List, it’s funny, cute and a light read that can be enjoyed by all! It’s a little clichéd with the whole cheerleader and jock thing but for me that’s what makes it a fantastic novel. Old-fashioned stereotypes make the best novels. Why make it all complicated with the ugly duckling and the school golden boy when you can just KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid). My advice for all the girlies out there is to ditch your date and read this book instead :)

The characterization was fantastic! Tessa is a fantastic protagonist, she’s like a ball of energy and she’s so positive! She’s kind, sweet and funny, one of those girls you can’t help but love! Aiden is perfect boyfriend material, he’s smexy, considerate and a total sweetheart. How many guys would cry for you? Together, I can finally understand what it means when someone says “Golden Couple”. Christian, the guy who’s trying to tear Tessa and Aidan apart so that he can have Tessa for himself is for the lack of a better description…a total creep. He’s a hot creep but still he’s so creepy! Borderline stalker and how can someone be hot if they’re not a musician or a jock or not human? Totally kills the whole point of YA fiction: P

The Naughty List is a novel every girl will love and enjoy! It’s clichéd, it’s a little silly but it’s rom-com and just because, it’s allowed to be clichéd and a little silly! Well-written, fantastic plot and an epic romance, I can’t wait to read the sequel! Do yourself a favor and get yourself a copy, it’s totally awesome :P Bookie approves!

Rating – 5/5


Badass Bookie xx

6 comments:

  1. I remember reading this a year or so ago and I thought it was sooo cute, as well! :) Really glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a lot of fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm itching to get my hands on this one, more so after reading your review. It's fallen off my radar so thanks for putting it right back on with your wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! i follow your blog! need to read this book!

    just stopping by :) i have cool pics on mine today that remind me of dark YA.

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Love Loved your review ! I am so glad you liked it!! I still remembering how awesome it was. If I could give everyone a copy, I totally would!

    =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! It seems to be a great book. I saw it yesterday on a website called all you can books but I haven't downloaded it because I've never heard about Suzanne Young and I dind't know if it worth to read it.

    ReplyDelete