Debut – Pushing the Limits
Genre – Contemporary
Website – HERE
Blog – Here
Twitter - HERE
Katie was a teenager during the age of grunge and boy bands and remembers those years as the best and worst of her life. She is a lover of music, happy endings, reality television, and is a secret University of Kentucky basketball fan.
Notes from a YA Debutante
1) I’m terrified of dead things, the mention of dead things, cemeteries, and funeral homes. I stayed up for forty-eight hours straight after watching Night of the Living Dead.
And people wonder why I write contemporary.
2) I live a block away from a cemetery.
3) In fact, I don’t like scary movies, but I’m drawn to them. I’ll always pester my friends to tell me all about the movies I’m too frightened to see.
4) In college, I was hanging out at the beach one night and by pure luck I got to watch hundreds of baby sea turtles hatch and wander out to sea. I screamed when I first saw the hundreds of small blobs moving on the sand.
5) My best friend owned a dog that ate out of the garbage and dragged its butt on the floor when it walked. We used the dog to test the guys we wanted to date. The guys who petted the dog were keepers.
My husband petted the dog.
6) I discovered, when I was a child, that bees swarm when you piss them off. My parents discovered that I was not allergic to bee stings.
7) As a teenager, I read THE OUTSIDERS so much that the cover fell off and almost every page in the book was dog-eared.
8) Before we were dating, my husband left daisies on my car. He turned bright red when I hugged him in front of his friends when I figured out he was the one who left them.
Bookie's Note: Thank-you Katie for that wonderful post to kick off August Debut of the Month! You don't know how jelly I am of the fact that saw BABY TURTLES WANDER INTO DA SEA! That's on my bucket list! And The Outsiders is a great book, I read it last year and my book is in tatters as well and covered in sticky notes where I've marked all my favourite quotes! And I think it's normal to fear dead things, I know I do??? O_O Haha, and everyone else come back tomorrow for a giveaway and the 2nd half of Katie's feature!
Badass Bookie xx