Debut - Virtuosity
Genre - Contemporary
Website - HERE
Blog - HERE
Twitter - HERE
I was born to two music lovers in Calgary, Canada. When I was just three years old, they put a violin under my chin. Miraculously, it stuck. I went on to perform as a soloist all over the world, and somehow ended up studying English at Brigham Young University. Since then have been a high school English teacher, symphony violinist, elementary school teacher, violin teacher, and mother. I currently live in Orlando, Florida with my husband and two children. My days are spent writing, running, and teaching my children to be music lovers too. My greatest hope is that some day my siblings will quit harassing me about ruining their childhoods with my violin-ing.
Dream Debutante Dress - Black and white polka dots always make me smile. And the metallic heels? Those too, please. I thought about picking an Oscar-worthy gown, but I do better at cute than glamorous.
Notes from a YA Debutante
Ten Random Things About Me
1. I used to be the worst waitress ever. EVER. At the beginning of one lunch shift, I spilled a tray of eight iced teas all over myself in front of a table of men on a business lunch. Soaked through to my underwear with iced tea, I said, “Aren’t you so glad I’m your server?” Not one of the jerks laughed.
2. I hate scary movies, or being scared in any way, shape, or form. Once (on our honeymoon) my husband jumped out and scared me when I thought I was alone in our hotel room. I burst into tears and then I punched him as hard as I could and then I cried some more. He has not done that since.
3. I’m freakishly double jointed. I can pull my shoulders in and out of their sockets, but don’t ask me to do it—my doctor got pretty mad at me when I told him it’s my best party trick. It is though.
4. I’m not so good with plants or pets or decorating or cleaning. My family likes me anyway though, because I make a mean cheesecake and tell awesome bedtime stories.
5. I’ve lived in the U.S. for fourteen years now, and just when I think I’m thoroughly Americanized, I visit Canada and feel so utterly and completely like myself that it’s hard to make myself go back.
6. I have an unholy love for boots. I need to stop buying them. Or buy more of them? Yeah, buy more, that’s what I meant.
7. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and just stay up because it’s too hard to get back to sleep and too much of a waste of time to just lie there. And when I say sometimes, I mean regularly.
8. I’m second of six children. I think I’m my dad’s favorite and my mom’s least favorite, and my siblings agree. When called on it, my mom vehemently denies it and my dad just laughs. I think we know what that means.
9. I rap. Only two people in the world have ever heard me and I WILL NOT do it for anyone else, probably not even at gunpoint. Both of my audience members think I’m the coolest person on earth, but they are six and four. I give it two years.
10. I have a thing for geeks. Geeks may apply here. Oh wait, I’m married. Never mind.
Badass Bookie xx
I always buy tons of books as well! Oh, and I also rap for fun. :) Nicki Minaj, Busta Rhymes, I try to do it all. ;)ReplyDelete
I have an odd feeling you won't be rapping for them anymore in two years :PReplyDelete
Ooh, my friend hates scary movies and things, too! She would cry and freak out when someone tries to scare her. She told me once that her boyfriend's friends showed her one of those videos online that has something scary suddenly pop up. Yep, she freaked out so bad! Me, I love scary movies!ReplyDelete
That dress is so cute! What's amusing is that I LOVE scary movies, but I get pretty freaked out in real life just walking outside alone in the dark or something, when monsters and ghouls do nothing to me in films or books. Boots are amazing, and YAY GEEKS! Great interview!ReplyDelete
Hahaha great post! definitely gave me a few laughs. I know, I get so freaked out when someone scares me. Last time, my dad hid behind the door and scared me and i screamed and curled into a little ball and didn't come out for a while. He doesn't do that anymore XD But ooooo i'd actually want to be that double-jointed! at least i'd have some amazing talent of some sort XD great to know the author better! LOVED Virtuosity :DReplyDelete