Debut - Forgotten ( Goodreads )
Author - Cat Patrick
Genre - Contemporary/ Mystery/Thriller/ Romance
Release Date - June 1st 2011
Available - The Book Depository/ The Nile
I remember forwards. I remember forwards, and forget backwards. My memories, bad, boring, or good, haven't happened yet. So I will remember standing in the fresh-cut grass with the black-clad figures surrounded by stone until I do it for real. I will remember the funeral until it happens - until someone dies. And after that, it will be forgotten. Here's the thing about me: I can see my future, but my past is blank. I see the future in flashes, like memories. I remember what I'll wear tomorrow, and a car crash that won't happen till this afternoon. But yesterday has evaporated from my mind - just like the boy I love. I can't see him in my future. I can't remember him from my past. But today, I love him. And I never want to forget how much.
The Insider's Scoop
Here are a few fun facts about Forgotten:
1) Forgotten was in a hurry to be written. The first draft took under three months to write. That said, there were many edits before it became the book it is today.
2) London’s mom had a secret affair. Or at least she did in earlier versions of the book. Other things that were cut in editing: a tragic car accident and a (Snoresville) sick day.
3) The book sold at auction…during a heat wave. I was nail-bitingly nervous when my agent sent Forgotten out to editors; when I heard that more than one publisher wanted to buy it, I was ecstatic. I was also about to pass out: we were experiencing record high temps that day/week/month.
4) Forgotten has a very cool music video…in my head. Kings of Leon’s “Use Somebody” was popular when I was writing Forgotten. Since then, I’ve constructed a full-on music video in my brain set to that song. It’s awesome; you’d like it.
5) Originally, Forgotten’s title wasn’t Forgotten. When I submitted to my agent the first draft of what is now Forgotten, it was called Elsetime. The previous title was inspired by one of my favorite scenes in the book—London’s first date with Luke. Since Elsetime isn’t technically a word (and is therefore potentially difficult to remember), and since it’s a little fantasy-sounding, the original title was nixed. Not until just before it went to publishers did we land on Forgotten.
Hardi Grant Australia has kindly offered to giveaway (5) FIVE copies of Forgotten by Cat Patrick to you lucky readers! Unfortunately, due to publisher's request this contest is only open to Australian and New Zealand readers! Commenting is NOT required but it would be greatly appreciated since Cat put alot of effort into these posts and Hardi Grant is paying for books and shipping!
Rules of Entry - ( Please read carefully)
- Australia and New Zealand ONLY
- FIVE (5) Winners
- NOT required to comment but it will get you extra entries and it's GREATLY appreciated
- +1 Entry If You Comment on My Review ( HERE )
- MUST be 13
- MUST fill out this FORM
- Ends 7/7
Badass Bookie xx
Awesome giveaway, I loved the insider's scoop!ReplyDelete
I can't enter since I live in the US but I just wanted to leave a comment and say that I am SO intrigued by the synopsis and that I loved the insider's scoop!ReplyDelete
YAY! I LOVED Forgotten!ReplyDelete
It was interesting to hear that Forgotten had a different title originally. Thanks for the awesome giveaway!ReplyDelete
Awesome giveaway! I really want to read this one - it sounds amazing.ReplyDelete
Thanks for the giveaway!ReplyDelete
I'm looking forward to reading this!
Wow! Under three months? Now that's an achievement!ReplyDelete
Thanks for the giveaway!
I'm really looking forward to reading Forgotten, the cover is so lovely! Thanks for the awesome giveaway!ReplyDelete
Forgotten sounds greatReplyDelete
This just makes me want it more
^ A bad haiku about how much I want to read this book. Also, the original title Elsetime sounds very cool. I kind of wish they could have kept it.
i LOVE this "insider's scoop" bit - and I think i'm with Skye...."Elsetime" sounds way cool as a title, it would have peaked my interest immediately. :DReplyDelete
awesome giveaway!! forgotten sounds really interesting.. the cover looks great :DReplyDelete
This book sounds intriguing. I'll have to check it out!ReplyDelete
I'd love to read Forgotten! It sounds like such an amazing book!ReplyDelete
Long the song by Kings of Leon ;) Great giveaway !!! The book certainly has my interest piqued !!! The cover is lovley :) thanks for the 5 pointers, its always good to get a little inside scoop into the author.. Thanks for the giveaway :)ReplyDelete
Wow, I can't believe it only took three months to write! :) I have that song stuck in my head now lolReplyDelete