Sunday, April 15, 2012

Debut of the Month - All About Marissa Burt ( Storybound)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Debutante Profile

Name - Marissa Burt
Debut - Storybound
Genre - MG Fantasy
Website - HERE
Blog - HERE
Twitter - HERE

Marissa Burt was forever getting notes sent home from teachers about reading novels during class. She grew up in Oregon and drifted eastward through Colorado, Illinois, Tennessee, and South Carolina before coming back to the Pacific Northwest. She now lives in Seattle with her husband and three sons.





Dream Debutante Dress -  I am a complete fantasy geek at heart.


Notes from a YA Debutante
Five things I like to do when I'm not writing

1.  Sleep.  Seriously.  I have three boys age five and under.  

2.  Read.  There are tottering stacks of books all over the house.  We are regular library patrons, and, once I very proudly maxed out the 100-book limit.  I like to read pretty much anything.  Fiction (fantasy and mystery top the list) is still my favorite, but I like a good memoir or fat volume of theology, too.

3.  Visit the ocean.  If you haven't yet been to the Washington or Oregon coast, it's time you had a little vacation. It's absolutely breath-taking: craggy cliffs towering over white-topped waves.  And, while you'll never get a chance for a good swim, it's perfect to go for a bracing walk through the drizzle.  Lovely.

4.  Journaling.  I know this is technically still writing, but I think of it more as a creative outlet.  I like to get a big blank sketchbook, paste pictures throughout, scribble a little, sketch a little, and basically daydream on the page.  I want to like other crafts - I've tried quilting and sewing and things like that - but only journaling has stuck.  

5.  Games.  I love board games!  Ridiculous, I know.  While I'm now in the stage of Candy Land, Sorry, and Go Fish with my kids, I can't wait until they can dive into the deeper end of gaming.  Games like...wait for it...Yahtzee, Monopoly, and Battleship.  Bring it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bookie's Note: Guys, this month we have our first MG debutante! I've never had an MG author volunteer but it's exciting because I never wanted to make my blog YA exclusive :) Now Marissa, I don't write but I sleeping and reading pretty much make up my life :D And food and blogging! Anyway guy, please come back tomorrow for the second half of Marissa's features AND an AWESOME giveaway ( read AWESOME)!

Badass Bookie xx

11 comments:

  1. So glad you're spotlighting a MG author. I know many feel it's harder to get buzz on blogs for their books.

    I loved Storybound. It's so much fun learning more about Marissa. I can always use sleep and have a towering stack of books to read too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy board games too!! I absolutely love the Dexter board game. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for MG! Thanks for the lovely interview! M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sleeping and reading are my favourite things to do.
    Or staying in bed reading Storybound!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Marissa, on your book!
    Now, who doesn't like sleeping and reading?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too love reading and sleeping or to be precise I love reading too much I often skip my nights sleep if I have something to read... But I have to pay for it next day when I sleep in morning n my family thinks I was studying whole night...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrast Marissa, on your book
    rocking dress

    ReplyDelete
  8. +JMJ+

    Board games are great! My favourites are Cluedo, Pictionary and Trivial Pursuit. And of course it's not ridiculous to love them! =P It is one of my dearest dreams to raise a family of board game geeks; so I know how you feel. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Board games rock! As does Arwen's wardrobe. :)

    And no judgment for loving sleep. Sleep is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sleeping. We're in the same boat. seriously. haha xD
    i can tell, she's definitely a complete fantasy geek! (look at how she styled her hair! :D)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sleeping and reading are one of the best things to do.
    hm... I wonder if there will ever be a time when you can read while sleeping or sleep while reading??
    :) Than will be the life...

    Ro.

    ReplyDelete