Wednesday, February 1, 2012

2012 YA Contemporary Challenge Sign-Up!

Hey Guys! I wasn't going to do it! I promised myself NOT to sign up for too many challenges because I won't finish them but I spent the whole of January debating it and I don't *think* one more would make too much of a difference right? :) Therefore I'm signing up for the 2012 YA Contemporary Challenge hosted by Katie @ Katie's Book Blog and Angela @ The Reading Angel!


It sound fantastic and since I promised myself to read lots of contemporaries this year - it's just giving me the motivation I need right? :) Here's a little about the challenge -

Levels:
Level 1: 5+ books
Level 2: 10+ books
Level 3: 15+ books

Rules:
You can read any contemporary YA novel that is published between January 1, 2012 and December 30, 2012 but you must read them in 2012! (All formats accepted: paperback, ARC, e-book)

Books included:
We have created a spreadsheet (organized by release date) for contemporary YA books published in 2012. If there is a book that is not on the spreadsheet that you know fits the guidelines, let us know and we will add it.  There is also a Goodreads list.  You can use either one.  Currently the spreadsheet has more books on it.

Spreadsheet

Goodreads list

Authors:
If you have a contemporary YA book coming out in 2012 we would love it if you would participate. We would love it if you would be interested in donating swag/books or being featured here on Katie’s Book Blog or Reading Angel. If you are interested, fill out the form here! (You can also email me!)

Participants:
Anyone who has a blog or a Goodreads where they can post reviews is eligible to participate. 

Why you should participate:
Contemporary YA is an awesome genre. Isn’t that enough of a reason?
If not, there will also be giveaways throughout the year as well as one grand prize giveaway at the end of the year. Does that motivate you? =)



You can sign up for the challenge - HERE


I'm signing up for Level 2 - firstly because that way if I read more I can always move up a level and secondly I hate not completing a challenge so I MUST challenge myself to a level that is complete-able. :) 


I going to start with a empty list and add books as I got along -


1) The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. SmithReview
2) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green Review
3) Fracture by Megan Miranda - Review
4) The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess RothenbergReview
5) Skin Deep by Laura Jarratt - Review
6) Messy by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan - Review
7) No Such Thing as Forever by Ali Cronin - Review
8) Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry - Review
9) Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig - Review
10) 


Badass Bookie xx

1 comment:

  1. I've thought about participating in this one...haven't decided yet.

    ReplyDelete