Sunday, May 30, 2010

Author's Weekend #2 ( interview)

Hey peps! Wat's up?????? nothing much is happening with my life right now BUT I finished SPIRIT BOUND today AND it was awesomely amazing !!!! like - @#$#%&%$$%#$@#$$# yer, like that. Anyway, a review of the Spirit Bound is going up tomorrow sooooooo make sure you stop by to read it becasue I was a really good book ;P Anyway, back to the point Welcome, to Part Two of Author's Weekend with Graham Parke ! With no further ado, I present you interview with Mr Gragham Parke!

No Hope for Gomez!

A novel by Graham Parke

“It's the age-old tale:

Boy meets girl.

Boy stalks girl.

Girl already has a stalker.

Boy becomes her stalker-stalker.

We've seen it all before, many times, but this time it's different. If only slightly.”

Q: Best Experiment as an Author?
A: I think that would probably be ‘No Hope for Gomez!’ Writing it felt a lot like an experiment. To be clear, it felt like I was the one being experimented on. A soon as Gomez’character was formed, he took on a life of his own. He had a lot of crazy ideas. Imagine having a character who demands you analyze the nature of bad luck, and who then comes up with a perfectly reasonably test to help you do this. A test anyone can perform using only common items found around the house. Scary.

Q: Ever stalked anyone? ;P
A: I’ve always wanted to. I think I would be very good at it, I’m not sure why. Maybe it’s because I believe I have the right shoes for it. Sadly, though, I’ve never found anyone who was interesting enough. I guess that’s a problem most of us have. We may kid ourselves into thinking that we’re not stalkers, but all this tells us is that we still haven’t found that special someone to push us over the edge. Or, at a pinch, we really don’t have the right shoes for it.

Q: Do you listen to music when you write, and if so, what?
A: I generally don’t listen to music when I write. I tend to block everything out. The world doesn’t actually exist when I’m writing. You might not have noticed this, but that’s not your fault. You simply didn’t exist at the time.

Q: Would you ever paint your house purple?
A: Not really. To be fair, though, painting houses is very much something that I feel should happen to other people.

Q: Worst subject at school ?
A: What’s the one with all the long, boring, complicated bits?
Thank-you Graham for your time and I pretty sure the boring, one with all the complcated parts was science T_T. Too many formulas and life cycles and Newton laws. ;P Okay. guys that's Mr Graham Parke for you! Check out his novel Nope Hope for Gomez which sound pretty awesome ( I heart stalkers- they aren't creepy they're romantic ....joking bgut seriously o_O) Anyway, thank-you again Graham and everyone, enjoy your weekend!

Badass Bookie xx

1 comment: