Friday, May 14, 2010

Skulduggery Pleasant

Okay, I haven't really been able to post anything this week except for the three wishes wednesday yesterday but I have managed to sqeeze two and half and an eight of a book in this week and since both were pretty amazing they deserve to be reviewed. So firstly Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy.

Before I start this book is a middle grade novel (I think) but I think anyone would it. It was pretty amazing, very, Very funky. I absolutley love the author's writing style it's smart, witty and sarcastic ( good mix). So are you wondering what this book is about????

Okay, I will tell you then *sigh* (haha) 12 yr old Stephanie Edgley's favourite uncle has just dies for an 'unknown reason' (cough cough murder cough) and has left all his property and royals to Steph (did I mention he was a writer???) Anyway, she meets a dectective who happens to be a skeleton (Skulduggery Pleasant) and together they are trying to solve her uncles murder and save the world from evil sorcerer *who's name I forgot* Anyway that's pretty much an outline of the book. You may think oh I have nothing on Harry Potter style books but this one was purely amazing like Derek had this very clever way of charcters going by a different name from their true name ( because true names hold power) and so he came up with names like Tanith Low, Ghastly Bespoke, Valkyrie Cain and Skulduggery Pleasant ( how clever aye????) I even tried making one for myself but......*epic fail*

Anyway great book, very very very Kewl and yer go grab yourslef a copy. On a side note, I actually met the author in March this year and attened one of his 'sessions' (talk sessions kinda things). I also got the third book signed (they didn't have the first or second book sooo yer SOLD OUT) and, AND i got him to write me a note to excuse me from being late to class ( This was a school thing where I met like 7 different authors including Jack Heath *funniest guy EVER*, Derek Landy, Penny Tangey and some others. Some of the authors I should have met were Marcus Zusak, Patrick Ness and Melina Marchetta) but anyway so yer we wrote me a really really awesome note + i got a photo ;P

Rating - 4/5 (*gasp*)

Badass Bookie xx

2 comments: