Saturday, May 8, 2010

Am I addicted to books?

So how serious is your book addiction? I been thinking lately, well if you read books at all you can be called a book addict since like hardly anyone reads these days anyway (terrible shame but fact). So I have come up with an system to establish how serious is your book addiction ( this is what I do in science class). So ......
First we have the 'Reasonable Reader'
- You read around one book a week
- You enjoy reading but you have a life too
- You spend some money on books but prefer to buy clothes or I dunno, video games
- You read when you want to or before you go to sleep
So, like I said reasonable, you read but you're not crazy about books. You would prefer to go to the movies or hit the beach etc etc.

Then we have 'Book Fanatics'
- You read 2-3 books a week
- You would rather read than do other stuff unless you are doing it with friends
- You buy at least one book a week
- You read whenever you have free time
- You have a Goodreads acccount
- You spend sometime on the internet looking at Blogs about books
- You go to the library sometimes

There are also the....' I CAN' LIVE WITHOUT MY BOOKS AND WOULD FIGHT YOU WITH A STICK IF YOU DON'T LIKE READING!!!!!!!!'
- You read too many books to count ( at least three books a week)
- You would ditch your friends to read
- You dream about books
- You are always broke because you buy too many books
- The reason you got a job in the first place was so that you could afford books
- You go to the library once a week
- You would rather read or surf book blogs than go on facebook ( facebook is getting boring T_T)
- Your to be read pile is getting bigger and bigger but you still buy more books
- You love you books more than chocolate or shoes
- You are rarely seen without a book
- You love bookshops with coffeeshops inside
- You pre- order all your favourite books
- You attend lot of book-ish events
- You dream about your ideal library

Now, so that's the grading system that I came up with. I'm somewhere between the second and third stage ( I honestly dream about books ). I not exactly hard-core but not reasonalbe either. I went to the library today to pick up two book I had on hold and I was I thinking I'm going to get my books and go but......I ended up with five more books than planned. Not to mention my buying addiction. I buy two books read one then buy two more and so on and my to be read pile is getting bigger and bigger. Here check it out ( this is not even counting my EBook library which I have around 23 haven't read books) -
                                          
 
Badass Bookie xx

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm some where in the middle myself
    I read 2-3 books a week ( I try to anyway)
    I read whenever you have free time (when I don't feel like drawing yeah)
    I have a Goodreads acccount (duh)
    I spend sometime on the internet looking at Blogs about books (XD thats what I'm doing right now)
    I go to the library sometimes (yup)
    I go to the library once a week (thats where my mom picks me up so yup)
    I would rather read or surf book blogs than go on facebook (I don't even have a face book)
    I are rarely seen without a book (well I was for 6 or 7 years this year not so much)
    I love bookshops with coffeeshops inside (don't really care on way or another but a coffie shop is nice)

    my mom also thinks I'm obsessed but I just suffer from book with drawl and to many on my TBR list thats all XD

    I can't help it I love books I grew up with wishbone dang it!

    ReplyDelete