Debut – Hexed
Publisher - Delacorte Press/ Random House Children's Books
Genre – Paranormal
Twitter - HERE
Michelle Krys lives with her husband and son in Northwestern Ontario, Canada. She works part-time as a NICU nurse and spends her free time writing books for teens. Michelle is probably not a witch, though she did belong to a witchcraft club in the fifth grade and "levitated" people in her bedroom, so that may be up for debate. Hexed is her first novel. Visit her at michellekrys.com or follow @MichelleKrys on Twitter.
Dream Debutante Dress -
"I never get the chance to get dressed up, so I’m so excited to be part of the 2014 Debutante Ball! My dream debutante dress is the red Elie Saab gown that Taylor Swift wore to the 2012 Billboard awards. It’s sexy, fun, modern, and it’s long enough that I can probably get away with wearing flip-flops underneath it. WIN."
Notes from a YA Debutante
10 Random Facts About Me:
1. I have an identical twin sister. I’m thinking this will be especially handy during book promotion when I can send Brandy out to do all my public speaking events. (I'm so mind blown right now... THATS SO AWESOME)
2. I’ve lived on my own since I was 16. I don’t advise it if you like food and clothing and shelter and stuff.
3. I once went to a house party in Hollywood with Justin Bobby from The Hills.
4. I’m a huge celebrity gossip junkie and have more knowledge on Leanne Rimes’ cheating scandal than anyone should ever feel proud of. (My sisters are just as bad. One memorable Thanksgiving dinner was spent debating Usher’s custody war with ex-wife Tameka.)
5. The first time I drove a car was when I drove my boyfriend’s mom’s Toyota around the parking lot of the DMV before taking my driver’s test. PASSED IT.
6. Family and friends used to call me Elaine because whenever I get excited about something I shove someone in the chest and yell, “GET OUT!”(Also maybe I’m not so good at dancing . . .)
7. My previous jobs include: Telemarketer, McDonald’s burger flipper, Seattle Coffeehouse barista, and Econolodge front desk clerk. Because of my job at the Econolodge, I’m especially good at breaking up parties, expertly folding towels, dodging drunken advances, and keeping a straight face when middle-aged men stutter out their excuses as to why they need a hotel room at 3 a.m. in the same town as is listed on their driver’s license.
8. The first boy I ever kissed was a random guy I chose for practice so I wouldn’t be terrible at it when I kissed my crush. (That’s me, full of great ideas!)
9. I avoid opening bills for as long as possible, until I have piles of unopened envelopes as tall a toddler and my sister’s like, “Um, aren’t you going to pay those?” I will. Just not now (read earlier: great ideas).
10. My full name is Michelle Kristie Krys. So . . .
Bookie's Note: First mystery debutante is revealed! AND SHE HAS AN IDENTICAL TWIN SISTER (I still can't even. Nup). Make sure to come back tomorrow for the second half of Michelle's feature where she gives us the insider's scoop on HEXED. Oh and there is a giveaway! :P
Badass Bookie xx