Debutante ProfileName - Julie Murphy
Debut – Side Effects May Vary
Publisher - HarperCollins/Balzer + Bray
Genre – Contemporary YA
Blog - HERE
Twitter - HERE
Bio: Julie Murphy lives in North Texas with her husband who loves her, her dog who adores her, and her cat who tolerates her. When she's not writing or trying to catch stray cats, she works at an academic library. Her debut contemporary young adult novel, Side Effects May Vary, is out from Balzer + Bray/HarperCollins on March 18, 2014. Julie’s follow-up novel, currently titled Dumplin’, is due out in 2015.
Dream Debutante Dress -
I’m super excited to be one of Badass Bookie’s 2014 Debutantes! (Also, best blog name ever!) - Thank-you! :D
I make lists for all kinds of things. Like, if I’ve had a super busy day, I’ll sit down at the end of the day and make a list of everything I’ve done. Then I’ll go through and cross everything out just so I can feel that sense of accomplishment. Spoiler: I’m completely neurotic. Anyway, here’s a haphazardly strung together list of ten random facts about me.
1. I’ve never seen a single Star Wars movie and am constantly told how criminal this is. For a while there, I really meant to, but now I’m kind of holding out because it’s sort of the ultimate Never Have I Ever.
2. My husband is Scottish. The first time we went over to visit his family, we spent a few days in London first. I had never been to London and was taking pictures like a mad woman. Two days into our three-day stay, I decided to look through some of our photos AND ACCIDENTALLY DELETED EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. I am now OBSESSED with the preservation of memories. MOAR PICTURES.
3. Speaking of my husband, we met in a creative writing class.
4. I own enough nail polish to paint a house with.
5. I am obsessed--I’m talking OBSESSED--with Halloween. This year I was Effie Trinket, but my all time favorite would have to be my Ursula costume. (I should also add that my BFF is a makeup artist, and she makes my Halloween dreams come true.)
6. I have a huge Where the Wild Things Are tattoo on my arm, which was my reward to myself for selling Side Effects May Vary.
7. For whatever reason, when I was a kid, I thought the letters J and B were interchangeable. There are a whole slew of school papers from my early childhood with the name BULIE scrawled across the top.
8. I am a total nut for horror movies. The weirder, the better. Although, I’ve got a sweet spot for classics like Rosemary’s Baby.
9. I only buy CDs. I sort of hate technology and have never taken the time to figure out how to work iTunes.
10. I saw the first Twilight movie in theatres seventeen times. I refuse to be embarrassed.
Badass Bookie xx