Debut - Nil
Publisher - Henry Holt
Genre - YA Science Fiction
Website - HERE
Facebook - HERE
Twitter - HERE
Lynne is a former attorney who thinks writing books is much more fun. Her debut novel, NIL, a YA thriller with a SF twist, will be published by Macmillan/Henry Holt on March 4, 2014. When she's not writing or reading, you'll find her hanging out with her husband and their 4 boys, probably at the beach. Cookies are her kryptonite, especially thin mints.
Dream Debutante Dress -
"I'm SO excited about being a Debutante (thank you Lisa!) and getting to pick a killer formal dress…not that I wear fancy dresses much because, um, did I mention I'm mom to four boys?! And I live in Florida so I basically live in shorts, t-shirts, and flip-flops. I picked this sleek white dress worn by Jennifer Lawrence (love her!) for three reasons: (1) it's sleek and simple, which is how I dress anyway, (2) did I mention I LOVE JLaw?! and (3) it's kind of NIL-ish. There's nothing fancy on NIL, but the kids there make clothes out of a white material, so if there were a formal dress on NIL this one would be it."
I LOVE lists. They make me feel more organized than I really am. LOL So here's ten possibly-interesting-and-totally-true facts about me!
10. I constantly have story ideas running through my head, and take notes on anything I happen to have handy--a grocery receipt, a crinkled school paper one of my boys dropped on the floor of my car, a magazine cover. I try to keep a notebook in my purse, but sometimes after taking it out to type up my notes, I forget to put it back.
9. I take a lot of voice memos on my phone while out for a run or walk. I never have to type those up for some reason; just the act of putting my words into a coherent sentence spoken out loud seems to make it gel in my head. Strange but true.:D
8. I think paddleboarding on the ocean at sunrise = one of the best way to start a day EVER.:D
7. My first job out of college was as a salesperson at The Gap. On my first day, I learned how to fold t-shirts using a clipboard. To this day, whenever I see a clipboard, I think of t-shirts. And I run the other away. (Kidding--about the running. But not about the clipboard.:D)
6. I think oysters are nasty. *shudders* I've tried them but can't get past the slime factor.
5. Coconuts are nearly impossible to crack open with a rock. I tried. *nearly ;D
4. I love music, especially alternate music, but I love all kinds of tunes! Music is a HUGE source of inspiration for me, and I couldn't have written NIL--or anything else--without music.
3. I hate stopping to get gas (I don't know why but I hate it) and so my car always runs dangerously low.
2. I totally believe in love at first sight--or at least, the super-powerful-insta-connection that leads to love in a CRAZY short amount of time. (See number 1, below.:D)
1. I met my husband my first year of college and fell hard and fast from word one. And right after we met, he told his roommate "I just met the girl I'm going to marry." And he was right. So the crazy connection can totally go both ways.:)
Bonus fact: I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU TO READ NIL!!!!!!! I can't wait for you to meet Charley and Thad . . . and Nil, the creepy place that doesn't exist--and yet, it does.:)
Badass Bookie xx