Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Lonely Hearts Club


Review time! I finished The Lonely Hearts Club a week ago but since I schedule my posts I haven't posted it until now! 2010 Debut Author Elizabeth Eulberg is a genius! I loved this book! Continue on reading for my thoughts about this book ....

The Short Story? - Quick read that supports feminism view ( WE DON'T NEED A MAN, WE JUST WANT ONE !!!!) Independent thing rocks! Very funny and cute!

The Long Story? - This book is pure genius! I salute any author that can include music references into their books! I just think it's the cleverest thing in the world!!! I have to say this book taught a very important message, we don't NEED guys, we just want them. We are independent and don't need to be told what to do, feminism rules!!! Anyway, the whole concept of The Lonely Hearts Club (Beatles anyone?) is that these girls don't need a man and have sworn off guys because they are the scumbags of the world and all cheat on you blah blah blah (....) Anyway, really cute and funny, an amazing debut. For all the girls out there with broken hearts and are sick of boys, THIS ONE IS FOR YOU! Oh and Beatles fans! Quick and cute read, comfortable writing style, awesome characters, touching message and amazing plot, The Lonely Hearts Club is a must- read for every girl out there who don't believe there worthy (because you are! we are all beautiful :P) Anyway, just read it. Rating - 4.5/5

Badass Bookie xx

13 comments:

  1. I really loved this book too. So funny and cute and just great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read this one, I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this one on my bookshelf! I just need to get around to reading it! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I'm planning on buying myself this when it comes out in paperback next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked this book, too. Fun and well written. Managed to have a message without being preachy. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm wanted to read this book for a while but just haven't gotten around to it. I'm even more excited after reading your review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Badass Bookie! I'm a little late from Follow Friday, but nevermind, I've always been a follower anyway. I love this review! And I love your blog. ;)

    ●▬▬▬๑۩Tina @ Book Couture۩๑▬▬▬●

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Thanks for finding me on the hop! This books looks great! Have you read "He's a Stud, She's a Slut"? It's all about double standards in society today, it's more of a nonfiction read than a story but it's definitely pro-feminism. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the review!!! I now have this on my TBR list! I love the Beatles, so when I saw the title I was hoping this would be good. Very excited to get to this book now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review...I actually didn't like this book too much, and I think I'm probably the only one haha I thought it was too scream-y and girly for me, though it was well-written. :)

    I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read this book when if first came out and I absolutely loved it! I thought the story line was so fun and I liked what the author was trying to say. It has been awhile since I read it, but I did love Penny and I loved, loved the main guy in the book. I'd reread it, I enjoyed it so much!

    Jen
    In the Closet With a Bibliophile
    Wicked. Sexy. Books.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I completely agree...such a fun book! Yeah for great girl characters :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. always good to have a YA book with strong girl characters :)

    ReplyDelete