Debut - My Life After Now
Genre – Contemporary
Jessica Verdi lives in Brooklyn, NY and received her MFA in Writing for Children from The New School. Her favorite pastimes include singing showtunes at the top of her lungs (much to her husband’s chagrin), watching cheesy TV, and scoring awesome non-leather shoes in a size 5. She’s still trying to figure out a way to put her uncanny ability to remember both song lyrics and the intricacies of vampire lore to good use.
Notes from a YA Debutante
I’m so excited to be one of this year’s debutantes and so honored to be included in such incredible company!
Here we go, some random facts about myself:
1. If you haven’t already garnered from my choice of debutante dress, I think Clueless is pretty much the best movie ever. I’ve seen it so many times I can literally recite the entire script from memory. Sad, I know.
2. I think bean salad and soup are the best foods ever to be invented. My husband fervently disagrees.
3. I drink a lot of seltzer. Like, a LOT. It’s probably unhealthy.
4. I watch way too much TV. Again, probably unhealthy.
5. I am a vegetarian.
6. In August 2012, I went on an African safari with my friends Amy Ewing and Dhonielle Clayton (also YA authors!). It changed my life.
7. I can’t sleep in an unmade bed. Even if it’s two minutes before bedtime, if the bed is still unmade, I’ll make it before getting in.
8. I know the entire Chiquita Banana song. You know you’re jealous.
9. I have four tattoos. One of them is of a book. I used to have five tattoos but I got one of them removed.
10. My vote for the world’s best invention? The toothbrush.
Bookie's Note: Jess, I LOVE Clueless! Just one of the many reasons why the 90's were made of awesome! The amount of TV I watch could probably rival the amount you watch, I'm addicted to every TV series and the worst thing is that I'm not even kidding! I would love to go on an African safari, it even sounds life changing :D
Make sure to come back tomorrow for the second half of Jess's feature! We have some juicy secrets lined up and a fantastic giveaway!
Badass Bookie xx