Author - Miriam Forster
Genre - Fantasy
Release Date - February 5th 2013
The girl with no past, and no future, may be the only one who can save their lives.
Nisha was abandoned at the gates of the City of a Thousand Dolls when she was just a child. Now sixteen, she lives on the grounds of the isolated estate, where orphan girls apprentice as musicians, healers, courtesans, and, if the rumors are true, assassins. Nisha makes her way as Matron’s assistant, her closest companions the mysterious cats that trail her shadow. Only when she begins a forbidden flirtation with the city’s handsome young courier does she let herself imagine a life outside the walls. Until one by one, girls around her start to die.
Before she becomes the next victim, Nisha decides to uncover the secrets that surround the girls’ deaths. But by getting involved, Nisha jeopardizes not only her own future in the City of a Thousand Dolls—but her own life.
Available - The Book Depository | Fishpond | Amazon | Barnes and Noble
The Insider's Scoop
Influences : As I said yesterday, I’m obsessive. These are some of the obsessions and influences that went into writing City of a Thousand Dolls.
1. The line “Who are you being groomed for?” (from The Child Queen by Nancy McKenzie)
2. The book Memoirs of a Geisha (as well as several other books on geisha culture)
3. The mystery of the Indus River valley civilization
4. Studies on the history and origin of the Romani people (gypsies)
5. Caste systems
6. A love of Agatha Christie mysteries
7. My husband’s visit to an orphanage in India
8. A lifetime of owning cats
9. The idea of an isolated world (which came from a subplot in Terry Brook’s book The Elf Queen of Shannara)
Miriam is giving away a Signed Hardcover Copy of City Of A Thousand Dolls!
Rule of Entry -
- Ends 15th of January
- Must be 13 or older
- Optional Entries :
* Leaving comment on either of Miriam's posts +1 each
* Follow Me on Twitter +1
* Follow Miriam on Twitter +1
* Tweeting Giveaway +1