Debut - The Nightmare Affair
Genre – Paranormal
Mindee Arnett is the author of two forthcoming young adult series. The first book in her contemporary fantasy series, The Nightmare Affair, will be available March 5, 2013 from Tor Teen (Macmillan). Her currently untitled YA sci-fi thriller will debut Winter 2014 from Balzer + Bray (HarperCollins). She lives on a horse farm in Ohio with her husband, two kids, a couple of dogs, and an inappropriate number of cats. She’s addicted to jumping horses and telling tales of magic, the macabre, and outer space.
Notes from a YA Debutante
It’s no secret that I’m terrible about writing about myself. This should also be a no-brainer. I mean, hello, I write fiction, not autobiography or memoir. My characters live way more interesting lives than I do. They get to do cool things like cast magic spells, wander through dreams, fly spaceships. Me? Boring by comparison.
Nevertheless, I have come up with the top ten semi-interesting/amusing/weird/disturbing things about me:
10. Sushi is my drug of choice. Followed closely by anything dark chocolate.
9. I have a framed “Van Gogh’s Exploding Tardis” poster hanging in my home office, and Donna Noble is my favorite Doctor Who companion.
8. I love the Lord of the Rings movies even more than the books—sacrilege, I know, but there you have it.
7. Both of my kids were born on the same day, two years apart with no planning involved.
6. My license plate holder reads: Leaf on the Wind, Wash is my Co-Pilot (and if you know what this means, you and I can definitely be friends).
5. I’m a pantser who likes to stop and ask for directions.
4. While writing The Nightmare Affair, I obsessively listened/watched episodes of Veronica Mars.
3. Given the choice, I would pick Dean over Sam.
2. In the universe of my imagination where I am Goddess of Everything, the Star Wars prequels were never made, Firefly was never cancelled, and J.K. Rowling writes one fantasy novel a year.
1. I can touch my nose with my tongue.
Bookie's Note: I can't begin to tell you how impressed I am that you can touch your nose with your tongue. Honestly I just spent the last 30 seconds trying ( no joke!). I share the same birth DAY with my brother but the same month! :P And like you, I'm a pantser ;)
Make sure to come back tomorrow for the second half of Mindee's feature! We have some juicy secrets lined up and a fantastic giveaway!
Badass Bookie xx