Monday, May 21, 2012

Debut of the Month - All About Katherine Longshore (Gilt)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Debutante Profile

Name - Katherine Longshore
Debut - Gilt
Genre - Historical
Website - HERE
Blog - HERE
Twitter - HERE

Katherine Longshore grew up on the northern California coast.  At university, she created her own major in Cross-Cultural Studies and Communications, planning to travel and write.  Forever.  Four years, six continents and countless pairs of shoes later, she went to England for two weeks, stayed five years and discovered history.  She now lives in California with her husband, two children and a sun-worshiping dog.



Dream Debutante Dress -  I don't have one, more's the pity!



Notes from a YA Debutante

Facts About Katherine-

·      I've circumnavigated the world. Twice. Once on board a ship.

·      I'm a trained and certified Montessori preschool teacher.

·      My first historical love is Richard the III.

·      I have the worst of the direction of anyone I've ever met. No, scratch that, I have two friends who are        worse than me. But I can't go anywhere new without having to make at least one U-turn.

·      I dream in colour.

·      I'm a horrible coffee snob.  I blame it on working at an Italian-style espresso bar while in college.

·      When I'm having a bad day, I watch Grey's Anatomy. Compared to that, every day is a good day.

·      I love to talk to other writers about their writing. There's nothing more fun than watching someone get lit up by their own creation.

·      My favorite day of the week is Thursday.

·      I haven’t watched The Tudors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bookie's Note: I apologize for having to push Debut of the Month back a week, the last few weeks have been pretty hectic, I had nine exams in four days and then all the study leading up to exams... Anyway! Our first Debutant of May Katherine Longshore just celebrated her book launch on Saturday night! Katherine, I'm very jealous about your circumnavigation adventures - you must tell me about them one day! AND YOU DREAM IN COLOUR? O_O I *think* I do too except I can't really remember, no I think I do...haha! Guys, the lovely Katherine is stopping by again tomorrow for the insider's scoop and a giveaway! 

Badass Bookie xx

30 comments:

  1. I want to travel the world!!! *jealous*

    I'm also a coffee snob :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Liiiiisa! Such a fun Interview! She's circumnavigated the world... Twice? Ugh! What I'd give to do that ONCE :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaaa She dreams in COLOURS?! LOL! Ooohh Richard III! I think it's time to do some research :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Grey's Anatomy line made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, l can't belivev you haven't watched the Tudors. I think the Borgias is even better. They keep it very close to true history and its interesting to see their scandals played out by fabulous actors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want anyone else's interpretation of the characters to affect the way I write about them - maybe when I finish the series, I'll be able to watch the Tudors! I have seen an episode of the Borgias - fabulous costumes and so much drama...

      Delete
  6. Ha love how she watches grey's anatomy to know her day's not that bad. awesome. i would love to see the world even one time and she's done it twice. wow! always fun to learn random facts about writers : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so awesome that you've been around the world. & on a boat! I have the same directional problems as you, so you're not alone. I Mapquest EVERYTHING, and I still get turned around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, why Thursday? Just curious... :) Thursday was my favorite day of the week back in my high school days. But that was back when the TV show, Friends, was new. Must See TV Thursday... Oh, yeah... Great post!! Fun facts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you've circumnavigated the world not just once, but twice?
    I feel woefully under-travelled right now!
    I understand what it's like to have a bad sense of direction; I once got lost walking home from school and spent about two hours wandering around before I found my way home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's interesting Thursday's your favorite day! Is it because the next day's Friday?

    How cool your first historical love was Richard the 3rd.

    Great interview! Thanks so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for a great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That dress! Awww! Great interview, no idea what you mean with: I dream in colour. I dream in colour too.. but like.. one colour? Like your whole dream is blue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have friends who dream only in black and white, and one who dreams in words - like reading a book. I dream in Technicolor - sometimes so real, I can almost confuse it with memory...

      Delete
  13. I love reading everyone's comments on being navigationally challenged! Glad I'm not the only one...

    And Thursdays? Started with the great TV, but continued because...it's different. NOT Friday, but yes, close...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why Thursday? And I'm HORRID at directions. I'm exactly the same. Unless it's somewhere I'm REALLY familiar with (like a few km radius...) I would not survive without a map/GPS.

    It's funny how you've circumnavigated the world yet you have a terrible sense of direction. :P I usually dream in colour, there have been a few instances where things are b&w. Those vivid dreams, the ones so real you could swear it was reality.......they're terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't watched The Tudors either.... Actually that is untrue. I watched 2 episodes and then gave up!

    That dress is gorgeous, YOU NEED IT :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've only seen a few episodes of the Tudors. I wonder if Katherine will feel compelled to watch it after her book releases? Interesting facts!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a nice way to know authors. Wow! Circumnavigation adventures. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I, too, love to talk to others about writing. It's both fun and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm also a huge coffee snob. I've worked as a barista on and off for 5 years and I've figured out exactly how I like my coffee. And then I lived in Europe. So if it's not just right, it's bad.
    I am jealous that you've been around the world twice. I don't think I could do it on a ship because the water and I don't get along well, but I wish I could!
    Can't wait to read Gilt =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL. I'd be curious to see who has the worse sense of direction. My best friend and I are horrible together. We could be going somewhere we've been to a dozen times but put us in the car together and we will take at least one wrong turn.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow the dress!

    Haha, I am pretty sure I am the worst person with direction!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hm...i can't remember if I dream in color or not. That's really cool though!!

    I don't really have a favorite day of the week. I suppose Friday or Saturday, but maybe Friday.

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
  23. Quoting Ms.Longshore :

    "I haven’t watched The Tudors"

    Yay!! Then I'm not the only one ;) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is so cool! You’ve been around the globe IN A BOAT!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You like Thursdays? Ew... Why?
    Personally, I think the best day of the week is Saturday. And Sunday is the worst because you know the next day is Monday. Blech!

    ReplyDelete