Saturday, August 14, 2010

Jealousy

Review Time! I recieved this one two weeks ago from the wonderful people @ Penguin Australia ( You guys are awesome!) Anyway, Strange Angels is one of my favourites series just to let you know and I spent 10 minuted before this review just admiring how well all three books look on my bookshelf (pretty sad I know but it looks really good)!

Book - Jealousy ( Strange Angels #3)
Author - Lili St.Crow
Release Date - 2nd August ( Australia) 29th July (US)
Publisher - Razorbill/Penguin
Copy- From the publisher
Rating - 4/5

Description- Dru Anderson might finally be safe. She’s at the largest Schola on the continent, and beginning to learn what it means to be svetocha–half vampire, half human, and all deadly. If she survives her training, she will be able to take her place in the Order, holding back the vampires and protecting the oblivious normal people.


But a web of lies and betrayals is still closing around her, just when she thinks she can relax a little. Her mentor Christophe is missing, her almost-boyfriend is acting weird, and the bodyguards she’s been assigned seem to know much more than they should. And then there’s the vampire attacks, the strange nightly visits, and the looks everyone keeps giving her. As if she should know something.

Or as if she’s in danger.

Someone high up in the Order is a traitor. They want Dru dead–but first, they want to know what she remembers of the night her mother died. Dru doesn’t want to remember, but it looks like she might have to–especially since once Christophe returns, he’ll be on trial for his life. The only person who can save him is Dru.

The problem is, once she remembers everything, she may not want to…


Review- Okay, before I read this book I had to re-read the first two ( which is why it took me so long to post this review up) because I read them in the Christmas Holidays and couldn't really remember where the story ended. Anyway, started this book this week and GOSH! It was amazing!!! I kinda torn between this one and the first because they are both so good but I think I like this one best! I admit I have a thing for boarding school, paranormal romance ( cliche but hey I love it!) and this one was just....sooooo good. I am absolutely in love with Christopher, think Dru is totally badass (:P) and would kill to go the a Schola ( just me and da boys! hehe). Dru and Christopher together! Graves can go die in a hole!!! Anyway, it started off a bit slow for my taste but it soon progressed with a nice pace. The plot in this story was really fantastic, great use of language, really great charcters that you feel connected to, awesome ending and I love how easy it is to read Lili's writing style! The only thing I wasn't all that pleased with was how quickly the book ended! That and how long I have to wait until the next one! This cover is also my favourite so far! ( It's purple, it's shiny, it's a good book :P My Motto) So if you haven't read the series already I suggest you do becuase ' you ain't with the programme!' Just read it.

Badass Bookie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment