Sunday, August 29, 2010

Eighth Grade Bites

Review Time! Okay, guys I know you're like sick of reviews but this is not a catch up review so yer we're back to normal now I guess! Anyway, here are my thoughts...


Book- Eighth Grade Bites ( The Chronicles of Vladmir Tod #1)
Author - Heather Brewer
Release Date - 2nd August ( AUS)
Publisher - Penguin
Source - Publishers
Cover - 3/5
Rating - 3/5
Description- If you thought eighth grade was tough, try it with fangs and a fear of garlic. Junior high really stinks for thirteen-year-old Vladimir Tod. Bullies harass him, the principal is dogging him, and the girl he likes prefers his best friend. Oh, and Vlad has a secret. His mother was human, but his father was a vampire. With no idea of the extent of his powers and no one to teach him, Vlad struggles daily with blood cravings and enlarged fangs. When a strange substitute teacher begins to question him a little too closely, Vlad worries that his cover is about to be blown. And then he realises he's being hunted by a vampire killer, and suddenly hunger, girls and bullies seem not quite such a problem after all.

Review - So I finished this book like 20 seconds ago and it was good. I think it was abit too young for me though, I found that although I enjoyed the plot and the story and think Vladmir is totally awesome, the book in general was abit too young. If it was up to me I would say it's more of a tween book then a teen, however I'm thinking maybe the story kinda ages along withvthe reader you know kinda like Harry Potter. So I will probably start the second book soon and test my theory. The plot was really exciting but I reckon they should have started the action sooner instead of leaving it til the last 60 pages or so ( it only had 182 pages so I guess it was difficult). I also thought there wasn't enought romance, I really don't think asking a girl out on a date on the two pages of the book is counted as romance which is another reason I think it is more of a tween book. Other then that I found myself enjoying the book! It was really funny and comfortable to pick and just lose yourself into. I would say anyone who enjoys funny, quirky, vampire novels would enjoy this one but keep in mind unless you're a tween or super immature or forever young you might find this book abit ehhhh childish? Nevertheless, it was a great read!

Badass Bookie xx

2 comments: