Author - Gina Rosati ( Debutante Profile )
Genre - YA Paranormal
Release Date - September 7th 2012
When there's a fatal accident and her classmate Taylor takes over Anna's body, what was an exhilarating distraction from her repressive home life threatens to become a permanent state. Faced with a future trapped in another dimension, Anna turns to Rei for help. Now the two of them must find a way to get Anna back into her body and stop Taylor from accusing an innocent friend of murder. Together Anna and Rei form a plan but it doesn't take into account the deeper feelings that are beginning to grow between them.
Available - The BookDepository | Fishpond | Amazon | Barnes and Noble
The Insider's Scoop
1) In the first few drafts, the willow tree was inhabited by a wise old tree spirit named Trax, who I loved enough to have tattooed onto my wrist.
2) While Anna was out of her body, she and Trax had some Deep Convos About The Meaning of Life, which led to him getting axed (pun intended) during edits, as it was decided that Trax was telling Anna stuff she (as our hero) should be figuring out herself.
3) Other fantasy elements that Anna could communicate with in the early drafts included fairies (flower spirits) and gnomes (weed spirits). The gnomes were rather sketchy.
4) After Taylor moved into Anna’s body, Anna met a friend, Paul, who died in a motorcycle accident. He wasn’t there to create a love triangle, but as someone for Anna to talk to when she was outside her body. Paul didn’t survive the edits and was replaced with Callie, who I love, but not enough to tattoo her onto my remaining wrist.
5) If you read carefully, you’ll notice that Anna’s metaphors are mostly food related. The girl loves to eat!
6) There was a tremendous temptation to let Anna’s spirit go off exploring exotic places (since she can go anywhere in the universe) but I had to keep her exploration consistent with what was happening with the story. I did a ton of research and wrote dozens of scenes with Anna in various places, (including letting her get sucked into that black hole Rei worries so much about to see if her spirit would survive that) but the bottom line is, if it didn’t move the story in the right direction, it ended up in the recycle file.
Gina is giving away a SIGNED Hardcover Copy of Auracle + Swag!
Rule of Entry -
- Ends 18th of December
- Must be 13 or older
- Optional Entries :
* Leaving comment on either of Gina's posts +1 each
* Follow Me on Twitter +1
* Follow Gina on Twitter +1
* Tweeting Giveaway +1