Name – Kathleen Peacock
Debut – Deadly Hemlock/ Hemlock
Genre – Supernatural Mystery/PNR
Website – HERE
Blog – Here
Twitter - HERE
Kathleen Peacock spent her teen years crushing on authors and writing short stories about vampires. She put her writing dreams on hold while attending college, but tripped over them when office life started leaving her with an allergy to cubicles. She has a diploma in graphic design, was a failure at photography, and lives in Atlantic Canada.
Notes from a YA Debutante
*trips over shoes**falls down staircase* I’m alright! I’m alright! While I sit in the corner and wait for the room to stop spinning, here are seven facts about me. Someone please come get me when it’s time for the cotillion. *whips out fan*
1) I have a tendency of talking like an episode of The Gilmore Girls. It takes me three times as many words as it should to say anything, and every third sentence has a pop culture reference.
2) I was teased mercilessly over my last name in elementary school—so much so that I came very close to using a penname after the book sold.
3) I was voted “Most Bashful” of my high school graduating class.
4) I was obsessed with vampires as a teen. I used to carry around a copy of The Anne Rice Trivia Book. This did not seem to make me cool.
5) Swordfights are awesome!
6) I do not know how to swordfight.
7) I once started working on a dystopian book in which most of the clothing was inspired by Alexander McQueen and Andrew Wyeth paintings.
Bookie's Note: Kathleen is our second debutante of July! Kathleen, you're such a hipster, YOU LIKED VAMPIRES BEFORE IT BECAME MAINSTREAM TO LIKE THEM! And Peacock is a lovely last name! I would trade you :D And sword fights are awesome, I used to want to fence and then I realised how dangerous it was for someone like me who lacks coordination so I gave that dream! Well everyone, please come back tomorrow for the second part of Kathleen's feature and a giveaway!
Badass Bookie xx