Breakfast with the Bookie is a irregular feature here @ Badass Bookie. Every other Wednesday morning, let's all grab our teas and coffees to gather and discuss and share our opinions! Everyone is welcome to join and make sure you leave a comment to state your opinion. Don't be shy!
This Week's Topic - Underrated YA Books
It's been a while since I've done a Breakfast with the Bookie post with other posts eating away my Wednesday slot but FINALLY today, I have nothing else planned! Today I wanted to talk about Underrated YA books, this isn't really my typical discussion post but I feel like there are so so so many wonderful YA books out there that people haven't heard about or haven't read because of the lack of hype circuiting around the YA Blogosphere about them! Some of these are older releases, some are new but they're all fantastic and I would highly recommend everyone to read them!
Also, if you have any wonderful underrated YA books that you would recommend - post them in the comments so I can check them out and so other people can check them out too! Anyway, here's a list of them!
10 Underrated YA Books ( In No Particular Order)
1) Entangled by Cat Clarke - This was one of my favourite books of 2011 and it's definitely one of my all-time favourites. Grace, the protagonist is such beautiful character and her tangled story left me in tears. It's so heartbreakingly beautiful!
2) In the Arms of Stone Angels by Jordan Dane - This was another one of my 2011 favourites. Probably one of the most underrated YA books I can think of, a psychological thriller with a supernatural twist - this one is just amazing!
3) The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh - This is probably more of a adult novel but it crosses over into the YA genre. I loved this book! I think I called it a "modern-classic" in the making! Beautiful novel!
4) Victoria and the Rogue by Meg Cabot - Everyone's heard of The Princess Diaries and pretty much read them but this is probably my favourite Meg Cabot of all-time! It's like historical romance for teenagers and it's brilliant!
5) Nichola and the Viscount by Meg Cabot - This is the another one of Meg Cabot's YA historical romances! I loved this one too, maybe not as much as Victoria and the Rogue but this one was so so so good as well! Read it!
6) Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel - Probably my favourite vampire novel ever. I cried. It takes a lot to make me cry. Especially with vampires but this book was so so so beautiful! Not your typical vampire novel.
7) Enclave by Ann Aguirre - After Divergent, this is my favourite YA dystopian. I love survival based dystopian where the controlling society doesn't exist but ZOMBIES ( or things like zombies) exist! This one is so good! :)
8) Emerald by Karen Wallace - One of my favourite YA historicals yet very underrated. Just checked on Goodreads and only 75 people have rated it!?! WHAT? This one is amazing with mystery, romance and action! Must-read!
9) Au Revior, Crazy European Chick by Joe Schreiber - A fast-paced adventure with car chases and assassins - what's not to love?
10) 172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad - This is the scariest book I can remember reading. This book really creeped me out yet it was so good! Sci-fi at it's best I would say! And I still can't look at the room the same way!
That would be my ten underrated YA books! There are plenty more but these are the only I can remember right now :D Let me know which one's you've read and which underrated YA books you think everyone else should read!
Badass Bookie xx