Author - Mindy Raf
Genre - Contemporary
Release Date - April 18th 2013
When you’re a hypochondriac, there are a million different things that could be wrong with you, but for Izzy, focusing on what could be wrong might be keeping her from dealing with what’s really wrong.
I almost raised my hand, but what would I say? “Mr. Bayer, may I please be excused? I’m not totally positive, but I think I might have cancer.” No way. Then everyone at school would know, and they would treat me differently, and I would be known as “Izzy, that poor girl who diagnosed herself with breast cancer during biology.”
But Izzy’s sense of humor can only get her so far when suddenly her best friend appears to have undergone a personality transplant, her mother’s health takes a turn for the worse, and her beautiful maybe-boyfriend is going all hot and cold. Izzy thinks she’s preparing for the worst-case scenario, but when the worst-case scenario actually hits, it’s a different story altogether—and there’s no tidy list of symptoms to help her through the insanity.
The Insider's Scoop
2) The bra fitting scene in the first chapter is the actual first scene I wrote as Izzy.
3) In the first draft Izzy’s dad was around. He lived nearby with a new wife who was an ex plastic surgeon/current spiritual healer.
4) There wasn’t a working title for the book until the third round of revisions. We always just referred to it as “Izzy” or “Izzy & Co”
5) My own mother (who was battling stomach cancer) passed away during the third revision. Finishing the book was especially tough, though at times quite cathartic. (Sending love your way Mindy!)
Katie is giving away (1) SIGNED Copy of The Symptoms of My Insanity + Bookmarks!
Rule of Entry -
- Ends 5th of July
- Must be 13 or older
- Optional Entries :
* Leaving comment on either of Mindy's posts +1 each
* Follow Me on Twitter +1
* Follow Mindy on Twitter +1
* Tweeting Giveaway +1