Thursday, December 1, 2011

Dark Angel

Review Time! Hi guys! If you have heard earlier I have no access to Blogger where I am right now because the government has blocked it along with Twitter and Goodreads therefore I'm completely cut off aside from email contact. However I've going to be sending reviews and other posts through email for Kylie to post for me ( she's like super girl!). Dark Angel by Eden Maguire is a fairly recent release I just finished reading,  thanks to Hachette for the review copy! 

(Goodreads) Tania's heart belongs to Orlando. Nothing can rip them apart. Until the seduction begins in a flurry of glamour and magic, music and parties all orchestrated by the mysterious and mesmerising Zoran, an iconic rock star who has retired to a remote ranch in the nearby mountains. And there Tania meets the dark side. Can she resist temptation?









The Short Story - A paranormal romance that's both unique and unputdownable! Dark and seductive, Dark Angel is a refreshingly YA that will keep you on the edge of your seats. Beautifully written, fantastic characters and a romance like no other! Maguire has written a stunner of a novel that's bound to captivate a reader and never let go!


The Long Story - Fun Fact: Dark Angel has the same cover image as The Vespertine and The Goddess Test (AUS ). I'm don't think this one has been released in the US yet but it definitely will because it is SUCH A GREAST NOVEL. I honestly didn't think I would like it so much. Dark Angel has a fantastic plot, it's unique and hauntingly beautiful. The novel itself has a very dark edge. Fantastic writing, it's easy to get into and I powered through the novel. What I like best about this novel was that it was very unpredictable especially when it came to romance. I was under the impression that it was going to be a cliched love triangle and boy, was I wrong. For fan of the unpredictable and the paranormal, this one is not to be missed!


I really liked the characterization as well. Tania was  a great protagonist, very well developed with a 3D personality. She has flaws and fears and dreams like the rest of us which I liked. Honestly nothing in this novel can be called a cliche and that's what stood out to me, this originality. At the start I viewed Tania has kind of weak and clingy but as the novel progresses it can be seen that my initial thoughts were wrong! She's level headed, she's strong and she's loyal. Good qualities to have in a protagonist! Orlando didn't play that big of a role in this novel but he's the love interest so he seemed worth mentioning plus I really like him :) I liked this guy, he clearly loves Tania and that's what counts. He's not perfect despite what Tania  says but he's definitely a sweetie :)The romance in this novel is really cute and I think readers will appreciate the romance line because I know I did!


Overall, a fantastic YA paranormal romance that is not to be missed. Refreshingly different to anything I've read and thoroughly enjoyable. Dark Angel is seductively dark and deliciously sinister. I can't wait to read the sequel. A unique plot, a romance like no other and a loyal protagonist who kicks ass! Dark Angel is the perfect supernatural read for the summer!


Rating 5/5

Badass Bookie xx

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if this one has been released yet here in the states, but I have liked Eden Maguire's other books so I'd love to read this one. Especially since you liked it so much. I'll have to look for it.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete