Dream Debutante Dress - Black and white polka dots always make me smile. And the metallic heels? Those too, please. I thought about picking an Oscar-worthy gown, but I do better at cute than glamorous.
Notes from a YA Debutante
Ten Random Things About Me
1. I used to be the worst waitress ever. EVER. At the beginning of one lunch shift, I spilled a tray of eight iced teas all over myself in front of a table of men on a business lunch. Soaked through to my underwear with iced tea, I said, “Aren’t you so glad I’m your server?” Not one of the jerks laughed.
2. I hate scary movies, or being scared in any way, shape, or form. Once (on our honeymoon) my husband jumped out and scared me when I thought I was alone in our hotel room. I burst into tears and then I punched him as hard as I could and then I cried some more. He has not done that since.
3. I’m freakishly double jointed. I can pull my shoulders in and out of their sockets, but don’t ask me to do it—my doctor got pretty mad at me when I told him it’s my best party trick. It is though.
4. I’m not so good with plants or pets or decorating or cleaning. My family likes me anyway though, because I make a mean cheesecake and tell awesome bedtime stories.
5. I’ve lived in the U.S. for fourteen years now, and just when I think I’m thoroughly Americanized, I visit Canada and feel so utterly and completely like myself that it’s hard to make myself go back.
6. I have an unholy love for boots. I need to stop buying them. Or buy more of them? Yeah, buy more, that’s what I meant.
7. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and just stay up because it’s too hard to get back to sleep and too much of a waste of time to just lie there. And when I say sometimes, I mean regularly.
8. I’m second of six children. I think I’m my dad’s favorite and my mom’s least favorite, and my siblings agree. When called on it, my mom vehemently denies it and my dad just laughs. I think we know what that means.
9. I rap. Only two people in the world have ever heard me and I WILL NOT do it for anyone else, probably not even at gunpoint. Both of my audience members think I’m the coolest person on earth, but they are six and four. I give it two years.
10. I have a thing for geeks. Geeks may apply here. Oh wait, I’m married. Never mind.
Badass Bookie xx